Ultimate Motorsports Park Set for Grand Re-Opening on Aug. 26
Night’s Festivities Headlined by $7,500-To-Win Ultimate Super Late Model Series Event

ELKIN, N.C. (07/28/23) – Ultimate Motorsports Park – formerly known as Friendship Motor Speedway – will host their grand reopening on Saturday, August 26. The night’s program will be headlined by a $7,500-to-win / $500-to-start Ultimate Super Late Model Series program at the 3/8-mile oval.

The track is now under the ownership of Bobby and Jessica Koehler, who own the Koehler Motorsports team which fields Dirt Late Model entries for their sons Jordan and Evan along with racing veteran Jimmy Owens.

“The opportunity to purchase Friendship Motor Speedway was presented to me, and I’m passionate about keeping racing going in our area, so it seemed like a natural fit,” Bobby Koehler said. “We’ve got a lot of big plans for the facility. I have a vision of making this place look like a ‘smaller Dirt Track at Charlotte’ and our crews are starting to work immediately. It’s obviously going to take time to get everything the way we want it, but I couldn’t be more excited about the future for the facility.”

The facility will operate under the direction of Wayne Quesinberry, who has been involved in various facets of racing since he was 16 years old and has multiple feature wins in Late Models.

Among the planned improvements for the facility are the removal of the asphalt under the existing surface, the placement of a new surface, construction of a complete onsite campground, relocation of the infield pits to the outside of the track, and much more.

Joining the Ultimate Super Late Model Series on the August 26 program will be the Mid-East Touring Series 602 Crate Late Models ($1,200-to-win) and the 602 Modifieds ($700-to-win), which will run under the Mid-East Blue Ridge Modified rules.

Additionally, a $500 bonus from Capital Waste will be up for grabs in the Ultimate Super Late Model Series feature for the highest finishing Steel Head, CT525, or 604 Crate Late Model.

An Open Practice Session is scheduled for Friday, August 25 from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. ET.

More details for the event will be announced in the coming weeks. Additionally, a new website for the facility is currently in the works.

Race fans and racers will also want to mark their schedule for Saturday, October 14 when the American All-Star Series Pro Late Models presented by PPM Racing Products will contest a $5,000-to-win program at the revamped oval.

Any questions can be directed to Wayne Quesinberry at 336-971-2569 and q1racing@yahoo.com or Bobby Koehler at koehler1475@icloud.com and 336-710-8346.