Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Friendship Motor Speedway (N.C.) re-opens under the name Ultimate Motorsports Park

Friendship Motor Speedway (N.C.) re-opens under the name Ultimate Motorsports Park

From the MSR Mafia Facebook page

Ultimate Motorsports Park Set for Grand Re-Opening on Aug. 26
    Night’s Festivities Headlined by $7,500-To-Win Ultimate Super Late Model Series Event

ELKIN, N.C. (07/28/23) – Ultimate Motorsports Park – formerly known as Friendship Motor Speedway – will host their grand reopening on Saturday, August 26. The night’s program will be headlined by a $7,500-to-win / $500-to-start Ultimate Super Late Model Series program at the 3/8-mile oval.

The track is now under the ownership of Bobby and Jessica Koehler, who own the Koehler Motorsports team which fields Dirt Late Model entries for their sons Jordan Koehler and Evan Koehler along with racing veteran Jimmy Owens.

“The opportunity to purchase Friendship Motor Speedway was presented to me, and I’m passionate about keeping racing going in our area, so it seemed like a natural fit,” Bobby Koehler said. “We’ve got a lot of big plans for the facility. I have a vision of making this place look like a ‘smaller Dirt Track at Charlotte’ and our crews are starting to work immediately. It’s obviously going to take time to get everything the way we want it, but I couldn’t be more excited about the future for the facility.”

The facility will operate under the direction of Wayne Quesinberry , who has been involved in various facets of racing since he was 16 years old and has multiple feature wins in Late Models.

Among the planned improvements for the facility are the removal of the asphalt under the existing surface, the placement of a new surface, construction of a complete onsite campground, relocation of the infield pits to the outside of the track, and much more.

Joining the Ultimate Super Late Model Series on the August 26 program will be the Mid-East Touring Series 602 Crate Late Models ($1,200-to-win) and the 602 Modifieds ($700-to-win), which will run under the Mid-East Blue Ridge Modified rules.

Additionally, a $500 bonus from Capital Waste will be up for grabs in the Ultimate Super Late Model Series feature for the highest finishing Steel Head, CT525, or 604 Crate Late Model.

An Open Practice Session is scheduled for Friday, August 25 from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. ET.

More details for the event will be announced in the coming weeks. Additionally, a new website for the facility is currently in the works.

Race fans and racers will also want to mark their schedule for Saturday, October 14 when the American All-Star Series Presented by PPM Racing Products will contest a $5,000-to-win program at the revamped oval.

Any questions can be directed to Wayne Quesinberry at 336-971-2569 and q1racing@yahoo.com or Bobby Koehler at koehler1475@icloud.com and 336-710-8346.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I thought 4m rules were that press releases would be deleted?
    Appparsntly HDF is a moderator.

Great news. It's a good little track that could be much better with a little TLC. Hope they are successful!

Thank you lord, one of my favorite tracks in the Carolina’s……and with all they are doing that place will be a spectacular place to see a race.

Hats off to the Koehler family for reviving this hidden gem.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The biggest thing they’re doing is pulling up the old asphalt. Should immediately help with the ungodly dust problem that place has always had. Glad to see somebody come in and put some serious money into the place

Now, if someone would come along and run the junk dealer off from 311 . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Now, if someone would come along and run the junk dealer off from 311 . . . . . . .
    You can for about $3.5 mil. He doesnt give 2 rats azzes about that track. All he wants to do is sell property and tires. It will never be open again as long as mike fulp owns it. I think he paid $850 k for it when he bought it.

Really wish u were right jog but i dont see anything happening. I was really suprised what happened w friendship. Thats the best thing that could have happened to that hole. I tryed to support them as much as i could but i always got pizzed off at that clown show up there. Now w whats in the future for ultimate motorsports park I will be there to support them. Sounds like thats going to be the place after all finished. Good luck to them. Race on!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Hopefully the new owner and promoter cut down on the number of weekly classes. I quit going to Friendship because they ran 7 or 8 classes. I want to support this new ownership but will not if they run more than 5 classes each week.

Getting that asphalt dug up will do wonders for track prep and the red cloud they had become famous for up there. Seven or eight classes of cars is not acceptable anywhere. Reminds me of old Riverside in South Carolina with some eight or nine classes, including four classes of four cylinders.
    I was encouraged when the rumor arose years ago thar Richard Childress was going to buy 311. In fact, the last race I attended there, he came in on a helicopter to watch the race, whatever it was. Then, the present owner came along and the gates of Hades opened up. I suppose 311 now becomes a fond memory, like so many other tracks in my lifetime!

Do the Koehlers have all of this money, or just credit? They seem to be spending a LOT!

From the looks of their towing business website, they have a bunch of nice equipment. Says the business is 15 years old, so that is fairly new. Someone had money to start it, I am sure. I hope he has 2 million to throw away in order to make 1 million.

He started w a old beat up wrecker yrs ago stayed w it 24/7 and look at it now. Some people got it some dont. He used to race at friendship and 311 in late model #14 prolly 5 or 6 yrs ago.

LOL! And sometimes two and two adds up to a whole lot more than four!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    He started w a old beat up wrecker yrs ago stayed w it 24/7 and look at it now. Some people got it some dont. He used to race at friendship and 311 in late model #14 prolly 5 or 6 yrs ago.
    That's good to hear. I hope he can do well at Friendship. Would love to see them and Wythe alternate weekends, but I am sure that is a pipe dream.

Didn’t he somewhat recently sell some type of environmental business for several/several million dollars.
    I was told around 70 million.
    Don’t know if this is true or just rumors.

Default Fox

Hes local cat here. I work w his cousin. He hasnt said anything about it that i know of. Im not sayn he hasnt but i would say it was rumor unless someone on here knows different.

Ultimate Motorsports Park had a small test last evening, everything is looking great. No real changes yet, but facility was cleaned up and track was in excellent condition.

You racing anywhere this weekend evelb?

BBQ, we are headed your way-Lakeview Motor Speedway.

How many do you travel with these days evelb?