Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rtj

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Don't know if it was a mistake or not but I think they knew they were kind of In a pickle...they said if you don't throw the yellow and he gets run over you catch he!!...and if you throw it too early you catch it....maybe not word for word but close...don't think they were out to screw the lucas oil guy..
    just stop it with the common sense stuff. conspiracy theories. that's what people want!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Exactly Klem, common sense has no place on 4M.
    I hate time trials.

I’m just curious if RTJ and his crew have gotten his car going this good with or without Kevin Rumleys help? Or are they not sharing information with the rest of the longhorn family? This could be a devastating blow to all the Rumley nut huggers on 4M and DoD if they’ve gotten this good on their own!

I'm surprised that car has survived such rough treatment.

Default Flathead post #45

I dont know for sure but I would say they found something on there own or jd and tmac would b right up there w them. I bet theres a top secret find there not saying anything about. It doesnt matter where he qualifys or starts hes always in top 3 or winning.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I'm surprised that car has survived such rough treatment.
    Good maintenance program goes a long way

Flathead,

Rumley is still looking for his second hit.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    RTJ was definitely the fastest car...glad he won tho...could you imagine what would have happened had ge finished 2nd
    I thought the same thing. Had Ricky not won, the crowd might have burned the joint down.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I thought the same thing. Had Ricky not won, the crowd might have burned the joint down.
    If Bobby would have won the Bobby haters would have burned the place down but, if anyone else would have won they would have just been pissed lol....................................

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Good maintenance program goes a long way
    Sure does. I've seen J bars break under less stress than what he was giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    If Bobby would have won the Bobby haters would have burned the place down but, if anyone else would have won they would have just been pissed lol....................................
    It was a very pro-Ricky crowd.
    8/13/16

"For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap."

Quite simple and that what it should still be! This absolutely ridiculous "blend" rule looks like something only the idiotic U.S. Government could come up with so the government, apparently, has its claws in the dirt racing world.

I'm thinkin the Kentucky Colonel should have gone to the tail.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    "For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap."

Quite simple and that what it should still be! This absolutely ridiculous "blend" rule looks like something only the idiotic U.S. Government could come up with so the government, apparently, has its claws in the dirt racing world.
    I have to agree with you. You bring out the caution you go to the tail pretty simple if you ask me. Honestly though I'm glad for RTJ it turned out like it did. He had the fastest car and it would have been a shame for him to lose this one knowing he had the best car.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    It was a very pro-Ricky crowd.
    Once I watched the replay on DoD I could tell when he passed Bobby on the back stretch they were going crazy.

Not so sure rtj wouldn’t have won from the tail
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Not sure how far they had lapped up to buy that's where he would've restarted had he been sent to the "tail". I also think. He still would've won. I also disagree with where he ended up on the restart with the blend rule he Shirley was never anywhere near him before the yellow.

The blend rule is stupid. Just go to the previous completed lap like the sport did for decades.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There is no good reason for this blend rule. But, the guys in place making these decisions are delusional anyhow. Droop, questionable at best. Aero, on big tracks they must wear blinders, because if you want good racing today the bullring ovals is where it's at.

Note that it's beginning to look like NASCAR rules. Soon, every bolt on a dirt car will be required to have the same number of threads, equal lengths, etc. - - - with innovation in the trash.