Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rtj

Default Rtj

Did anyone see this coming? He is doing so well this year. And who will be doing this next year ? Every year someone seems to dominate.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Did anyone see this coming? He is doing so well this year. And who will be doing this next year ? Every year someone seems to dominate.
    I think that young Bob Pierce could step on up to the plate to fill his shoes ? ?

RTJ has dominated in the Mod division for a couple years so his talent should not be questioned. He can drive so that a good setup for him is equal to a great setup for others. Very smooth on the throttle getting maximum traction.

Qualifying means so much now

rtj es rápido y será más rápido ya que tiene un buen autocontrol y puede conducir mejor.

Lo veo haciendo muchas cosas geniales en el futuro.

RTJ has always been bad fast and anyone surprised by that is simply not paying attention. RTJ, Pierce, zack Mitchell, & drake troutman are the future of late model racing imo.

Personally, I am not surprised at all. He won multiple IMCA Super Nationals Championships @ Boone (many top notch drivers have never won one). Also, he has always been fast whether he was in a modified, stock car, midget, or IMCA late model. It was just a matter of whether he got a good ride, which he has.

Anyone that watched this kid grow up at Manzanita Speedway would tell you that this no surprise. Packing up moving to Iowa was definitely key of getting exposure and getting an opportunity. He has paid his dues, and deserves all the good things that’s a result of chasing his dream and putting in the work.

He races smart, in my eyes he resembles a young t-mac. Get him in a xr-1 and the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    He races smart, in my eyes he resembles a young t-mac. Get him in a xr-1 and the sky is the limit.
    You obviously mean the x-1 skycycle Evel used, and dropped into the canyon! Better keep those horns up if he wants to keep the paycheck numbers up....

RTJ is talented for sure and has a fast piece, but there is also a ton of good luck that goes into seasons like the one he’s having.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    RTJ has always been bad fast and anyone surprised by that is simply not paying attention. RTJ, Pierce, zack Mitchell, & drake troutman are the future of late model racing imo.
    So you think Zach Mitchell is going to have a better career than Hudson Oneal? I would keep an eye out for Josh Rice

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    You obviously mean the x-1 skycycle Evel used, and dropped into the canyon! Better keep those horns up if he wants to keep the paycheck numbers up....
    ^^^ I've heard tell of them being referred to as SCUDS like the missiles that the Mid-Eastern countries tried to bomb us with but most often dropped far short of their target goal ? ?

No I didn’t. To look at him you would never guess he’s one of the best dirt racers in the country. Looks like some kid that would be working at your local Walmart or something lol. He most have excellent parents. What a mature young man. At his age being a family man, you you can tell how close he, his wife and kids are. Hats off to mom and dad!

what rtj has going isnt luck. kid is badfast and will be upfront for quite awhile imo. nick hoffman will do the same.

He's a combination of veteran racecraft and the guts of youthfulness. Look at the move he pulled last night to win at Fairbury. Slider in 1 and 2, got crossed over, waited for a fraction of a second in three to see what kind of defence would be thrown, and went low to win. What he did in turns three and four were decided in a split second with no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    I can't comment on Troutman, based on the one race I saw, but Thornton, Pierce, and Mitchell can handle race traffic as if it isn't on the track. All three are as good as I've ever seen at that aspect of racing and I've seen a lot in 60 years of watching. A mastery of traffic wins races if the equipment us under you. With these three, it seems to make no difference about the track; just get them to the pits.
    They will take care of the rest!

Burroughs says, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    what rtj has going isnt luck. kid is badfast and will be upfront for quite awhile imo. nick hoffman will do the same.
    He hasn’t blown any motors, he hasn’t been caught up accidents that aren’t his fault. He hasn’t had any flats that cost him a race. The only issue he’s had all year was the droop violation and even that didn’t hurt him too bad, because Lucas extra soft droop penalties. These things are all pretty lucky. He’s very talented, no doubt, but these dream seasons always have an element of luck.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Davenport, Overton and now it's RTJ year Congrats on the win RTJ