Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rtj

Luck, karma,juju, stuff happening or whatever you want to call it exists…..Normally it depends on one’s beliefs as to what it’s called.

I totally believe I’ve been lucky many times that deer stopped to eat corn instead of running out in front of my car driving home through the swamps on the way home from a race…..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

thats the good Lord watching over you bbq^^

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    No such thing as luck. Stuff happens and sometimes stuff doesn't happen.. not because of good or bad luck. Often I see people wish other good luck on social media.. dumbest thing ever.. like that post will make a difference. I think they just want to feel relevant. People were winning races, having flat tires, blowing motors, missing a wreck well before some goober on social media was wishing them luck.
    its more that they are saying we have your back and want you to do well, at least thats why I say it. not to say there aren't those who just want themselves noticed.

why was Ricky sent back to 6th? he stalls then resumes power then they
    throw the yellow? he never stopped. what?

great come back, great driver!

I sure would like to hear from the Woo officials on why they made that call to send him back to 6th. It sure seems like that wasn't the right call but, they may have a perfectly good reason why they made the call.

Although I am glad RTJ came back and got the win. 187 pages later of bashing would have followed.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I sure would like to hear from the Woo officials on why they made that call to send him back to 6th. It sure seems like that wasn't the right call but, they may have a perfectly good reason why they made the call. Although I am glad RTJ came back and got the win. 187 pages later of bashing would have followed.
    Politics involved perhaps since RTJ is not a WoO regular ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    you nailed it. its not the first time WoO screwed or in this case tried to screw a none WoO car.

If you all where listening or watching the race they announced over the track PA why they threw the caution and made the call they made.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I mean maybe that was the reason. I've heard this same stuff when a Woo guy races Lucas. That's why it would be nice to here their response.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    If you all where listening or watching the race they announced over the track PA why they threw the caution and made the call they made.
    I wasn't there and I don't have dirtvision so, no I don't know why the Woo officials made the call.

And what did they actually say. There seems to be some confusion here, many fans are saying nothing was even said at all.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Smile

not all of us did hdf. why be an ass about it lol ?

where's shiny? he's most likely got the 411 on this bs yellow flag deal.

Josh Bayko: He hasn’t blown any motors

Not disagreeing with you, but he did blow a motor the first night at the show me and they changed motors and used that same car the next night when he failed the droop. (think that is correct, its been a few days)

only thing stopping bobby from the win was Ricky T. so WoO decided to stop him. woo failed!

On the TV broadcast they shut off the announcers mic’s for a second and then came back saying that he was a sitting duck and they had to throw a caution for safety. Then Rueben started blathering about the blend rule. They never showed a replay and you could tell that announcer Mike was kinda hesitant in what he was saying.
    Look at the replay, even if the caution was warranted, RTJ in no way was running 6th when the yellow came out. It was fun to watch RTJ blow past “Points Pierce” twice though!
    Lucas sanction it next year!!

He "Blended" in second place.

Don't know if it was a mistake or not but I think they knew they were kind of In a pickle...they said if you don't throw the yellow and he gets run over you catch he!!...and if you throw it too early you catch it....maybe not word for word but close...don't think they were out to screw the lucas oil guy..

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Don't know if it was a mistake or not but I think they knew they were kind of In a pickle...they said if you don't throw the yellow and he gets run over you catch he!!...and if you throw it too early you catch it....maybe not word for word but close...don't think they were out to screw the lucas oil guy..
    The rules are hard to keep up with these days, IMO. For years the rule was if you are the reason for the caution, you went to the tail and everyone else was lined up by the running order on the last completed lap. I'm not saying Ricky should have went to the back (I don't think he should have), I'm saying he should never had been 6th. I feel that either he is charged with the caution and goes to the tail, or they admit their mistake and line everyone up by how they were running the last completed lap. It worked out this time since he overcame and the fastest car won, but they still opened the door for criticism.
    I remember a similar conversation on here after they docked Ricky positions for failing the droop rule. They apparently 'grade' the rule infraction by how far off the rules a guy is and penalize them positions for it when it comes to droop. Imagine how many points battles would have been better, or had a different outcome if they did the same for being light at the scales. Whether 5 lbs or 100 lbs light, you are disqualified for being light, but if you're 1/4" high you are docked less than someone 3/4" too high for droop. I'm not picking on Ricky (I am a fan of his), I'm picking on the officials for not having what it takes to enforce rules or admit when they make a mistake.
    I know I'm a dinosaur, but someone explain how you 'kinda' break the rules.

RTJ was definitely the fastest car...glad he won tho...could you imagine what would have happened had ge finished 2nd