Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if ?

Default What if ?

Lucas and woo officials come up with a chassis design that all builders must construct to there dimensions ?

There is a template for bodies

How about a mandatory tire for the RF and LR. Do what you wish on the RR.

Put a 1 to 11/2" wicker bill on the back of the roof and a 4" spoiler across the back

No more 2 min rule, give them 2 laps, you can't change a tire that fast, to d*m bad

Pit carts. They have more money in some of these creations it's ridiculous

Signal people. Just stop. 1 convex 4 x 6" mirror mounted center interior

The racers will find other areas to spend the money in and more than likely it'll cost more after those ideas. I'm over the bitching in DLM racing and now spend most of my time watching sprint cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Lucas and woo officials come up with a chassis design that all builders must construct to there dimensions ?

There is a template for bodies

How about a mandatory tire for the RF and LR. Do what you wish on the RR.

Put a 1 to 11/2" wicker bill on the back of the roof and a 4" spoiler across the back

No more 2 min rule, give them 2 laps, you can't change a tire that fast, to d*m bad

Pit carts. They have more money in some of these creations it's ridiculous

Signal people. Just stop. 1 convex 4 x 6" mirror mounted center interior
    They have been trying to ruin it for years now. That sounds like a way to finish it off.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So basically more like NasClown? No thanks.. that last 2 years with that new car in NasClown has been terrible racing. All the folks that think it's so great just enjoy the drama nearly every week.
    Actually the racing has been better in the last 2 years.

Question

I forgot what race it was but was total crap for the whole race.. had a late caution and bunched up the field and the leaders then crashed.. all of a sudden that was considered a good race. Total joke.
    It may have been that goofy azzed street race in Chicago ?

LOL.. no it hasn't.

90% of the races are talked abut because of some drama, not good racing. All the issues with the new car, flat tires, causing injuries, causing fires.. then you had the drama at the football stadium.. then drama with Ross Chastain and Denny.. Ross Chastain and other drivers having issues.. then weather problems altering race results.. Chase missing races with an injury and Chase and Denny at Charlotte.. Denny and Larson.. list goes on and on.

Funny thing I dont watch many of the races...these are the headlines on articles and You Tube.
    Isn't great we all can have our own opinions

Uhmmmm.......racing in a football stadium, that sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They can't even enforce the body rules we had/have, how are they gonna measure a chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Actually the racing has been better in the last 2 years.
    Not at any track bigger than like 4/10 it hasn’t.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    They can't even enforce the body rules we had/have, how are they gonna measure a chassis?
    The body rules were fine back about 10-15 years ago. Thing is, instead of actually enforcing those rules, they just made new ones that made all the illegal stuff some teams were doing legal. And now we’re here.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Put em in 4th design Howe chassis with big springs and 3 link rear suspension. Oh wait? That's basically what mods used to be. The mods of today would smoke the SLM of 20 years ago.

Bayko again isn't it great to have our own opinions.

Yes it is. I just don't classify drama with being a good race. If that is your thing then enjoy.
    No I'm good with no drama but, it's just my opinion. 3 or 4 years ago it was really bad and in my opinion it's better than those years that's all. I respect your opinion and it's ok to disagree and still be civil with one another. Have a great rest of your week!!

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Put em in 4th design Howe chassis with big springs and 3 link rear suspension. Oh wait? That's basically what mods used to be. The mods of today would smoke the SLM of 20 years ago.
    that is basically what our mods down here are now , none of that new fancy modern suspension stuff , which is what I like , there is room for innovation amongst these rules , not so much with late model,s any more .....

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    No I'm good with no drama but, it's just my opinion. 3 or 4 years ago it was really bad and in my opinion it's better than those years that's all. I respect your opinion and it's ok to disagree and still be civil with one another. Have a great rest of your week!!
    The cars are closer to each other in speed. However, the gimmicks remain.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

No rules just run what you brung

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The cars are closer to each other in speed. However, the gimmicks remain.
    I can't dispute that

The chassis aren't the problem anyway. You could fix 99% of the issues by just making some very simple body rules and I know a lot of people are going to say "droop isn't the problem" but I still say they need to take another 6-8 inches of that away either by using limiting chains or some other method. How far the left rear goes down is not the actual issue, it's how far the rear spoiler goes up because of the left rear "droop". Really it should be called the "hike" rule because that's what actually needs limited. If they would go back to early-mid 90's bodies without all the skew and tilt and right side of the nose 3 ft in the air, that would eliminate a lot of downforce, in-turn taking away the need for so much motor. You would be surprised what that would do for overall costs of being competitive. And keep in mind, the idea is not to limit how much people can spend, it's to limit how much they gain from it. It's to lower the point of diminishing return.

Face it, we're trending toward a division of full team traveling teams (in abundance) and everyone else and have been for years. If we were to change the body rules at this point, or the tire rule, or the droop rule at this point, unless there's a trickle down to the lower late model divisions (crates, limited, etc.) with the same rules you're losing the entire essence of a super late model. I want badass cars as tricked out as possible within the limits of the rules book with screaming motors and soft tires with the LR jacked up in the air. There are plenty of late model divisions with stricter rules in effect with spec parts. Let the supers eat and let the fools who can afford it part with their money, both in the pits and in the stands.

Droop chains should be made out of expandable rubber with a zinc oxide coating. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!