Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if ?

https://images46.fotki.com/v556/phot...1975avi-vi.jpg

Best I can do for attaching an image on this farking zhit site.

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    The chassis aren't the problem anyway. You could fix 99% of the issues by just making some very simple body rules and I know a lot of people are going to say "droop isn't the problem" but I still say they need to take another 6-8 inches of that away either by using limiting chains or some other method. How far the left rear goes down is not the actual issue, it's how far the rear spoiler goes up because of the left rear "droop". Really it should be called the "hike" rule because that's what actually needs limited. If they would go back to early-mid 90's bodies without all the skew and tilt and right side of the nose 3 ft in the air, that would eliminate a lot of downforce, in-turn taking away the need for so much motor. You would be surprised what that would do for overall costs of being competitive. And keep in mind, the idea is not to limit how much people can spend, it's to limit how much they gain from it. It's to lower the point of diminishing return.
    If you don't want the spoiler in the air, delete the spoiler. The simplest solution is the best.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

KTML. You do realize that is today's sportsman, stock and probably other class names. They usually race pretty good, they build there own motors and run a 9" rear. Short, usually 3 or 4" spoilers across the back. A plastic nose that actually resembles a Monte Carlo or Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    KTML. You do realize that is today's sportsman, stock and probably other class names. They usually race pretty good, they build there own motors and run a 9" rear. Short, usually 3 or 4" spoilers across the back. A plastic nose that actually resembles a Monte Carlo or Camaro.
    Nose is a big part of that
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    If you don't want the spoiler in the air, delete the spoiler. The simplest solution is the best.
    dang it MBR , as I read down , I had planed to make your post nearly word for word , and then , there it was ....lol....

i can never reply with quotes on here..... MasterSbilt_Racer to reply to you comment about the spoiler, i'm sure getting rid of spoilers would help but that's not the only thing providing downforce when cars are hiked up like they are. the whole car is turned into a giant spoiler, from the tip of the nose all the way to the end of the deck. that's why "hike" is such a problem. would removing the spoilers help? i'm sure it would but can you imagine how stupid these cars would look with no spoiler? they already look like they were built by a cross-eyed drunk the way the bodies are skewed and bent.

Quote Originally Posted by hardracer32 View Post
    i can never reply with quotes on here..... MasterSbilt_Racer to reply to you comment about the spoiler, i'm sure getting rid of spoilers would help but that's not the only thing providing downforce when cars are hiked up like they are. the whole car is turned into a giant spoiler, from the tip of the nose all the way to the end of the deck. that's why "hike" is such a problem. would removing the spoilers help? i'm sure it would but can you imagine how stupid these cars would look with no spoiler? they already look like they were built by a cross-eyed drunk the way the bodies are skewed and bent.
    The spoiler is the biggest piece of the rear downforce. They would look fine with no spoilers. You could leave the spoiler sides, if that makes you feel better. You remove the spoiler and go back to curved roofs, it's a whole new world. Even though the nose is problem #1. Modified have no droop rule and they have nowhere near the aero issue.

I have some pretty unique experience and perspective on this as I've updated antique stuff to be competitive. I've seen what's aero and what's suspension due to accidental experimentation. There's not many people who have run modern geometry under 08 bodies. Not many people who have intentionally raced with no spoilers.

You said you wanted to limit what big money could do? Big engines are big money. Hundreds of pounds of reduced rear downforce really caps how much power you need.

Racers outsmart silly rules we keep piling on. Tech men don't dq people. That's why we are where we are. Only physics can save us.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 08-03-2023 at 07:14 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The spoiler is the biggest piece of the rear downforce. They would look fine with no spoilers. You could leave the spoiler sides, if that makes you feel better. You remove the spoiler and go back to curved roofs, it's a whole new world. Even though the nose is problem #1. Modified have no droop rule and they have nowhere near the aero issue.

I have some pretty unique experience and perspective on this as I've updated antique stuff to be competitive. I've seen what's aero and what's suspension due to accidental experimentation. There's not many people who have run modern geometry under 08 bodies. Not many people who have intentionally raced with no spoilers.

You said you wanted to limit what big money could do? Big engines are big money. Hundreds of pounds of reduced rear downforce really caps how much power you need.

Racers outsmart silly rules we keep piling on. Tech men don't dq people. That's why we are where we are. Only physics can save us.
    your right about limiting the big expensive engines , back in early 2000,s a big engine was only useful down here till late may or early june , after that when the track went slick , a 1/3 the cost spec engine could win races , all these modern improvements have allowed the use of the 900hp engine all season .

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    your right about limiting the big expensive engines , back in early 2000,s a big engine was only useful down here till late may or early june , after that when the track went slick , a 1/3 the cost spec engine could win races , all these modern improvements have allowed the use of the 900hp engine all season .
    I know all too well. We are running engines that used to win races but we are now 1 second off in qualifying. We are the fastest car on the track at the end, quite often, but that's only good for maybe a top 5, when you start so deep.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

we are now 1 second off in qualifying. We are the fastest car on the track at the end, quite often, but that's only good for maybe a top 5, when you start so deep.
    ooh,ooh👋🖐I know this one. Who is Tim McCreadie
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    ooh,oohI know this one. Who is Tim McCreadie
    McCreadie isn't running sub par engines
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1