Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Penn
    Who is footing the $$ for this: Barry or the County?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Penn
    Barry. I'm not sure a million dollars touches this. Ton of work to be done.

Hope the county and Fair board Dosen’t co-sign his loans!

I don't remember Pennsboro being that rough on engines. I would rather see the big track than that dinky little one they made inside if it. The big track would need to be widened though. And race teams should adapt to the track instead of trying to make the tracks adapt to their desires. Gear up and limit revs, or if you wish not to, then the risk is yours about the motors, etc.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddy View Post
    i remember the posts after the last Pennsboro race about how law enforcement wrote a ton of tickets for those parked along the road. Was that normal for races at the track ? Were signs posted ?
    I got one of those tickets. Called the Magistrate office and was told to toss it in the trash. Never heard a thing about it after that. Believe some politician was looking for a quick money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Penn
    Pre-entry fees from other scheduled events?
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

They’ll never turn a lap, this is just a way to buy more time to come up with more excuses and keep selling subscriptions

Default Someone must’ve done the math

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I got one of those tickets. Called the Magistrate office and was told to toss it in the trash. Never heard a thing about it after that. Believe some politician was looking for a quick money grab.
    Someone must’ve done the math and figured out they were gonna make more in tax money from the track racing and fans at local businesses than from them tickets with less headache

No excavation business is going to show up with equipment unless he gets some assurance that he going to get pd to completion. If not, he will pull out immediately and then trying to get someone to come back in is nearly impossible.

The move back to the original track makes absolutely NO sense with today's racing. If Barry wanted to save himself some time and aggrivation, go down the road and buy WVMS. The ammendies and infastructure are already in place.....oh wait, how did that turn out? Unfortunately times have changed and the Ghost of Pennsboro is a thing of the past

Maybe the planned racing going forward is not gonna be late model related. Seems that the full fendered cars are the ones that have a problem with aero on big tracks.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Maybe the planned racing going forward is not gonna be late model related. Seems that the full fendered cars are the ones that have a problem with aero on big tracks.
    410s would race even worse than late models there.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Today's sprint car has absolutely no business racing there for a variety of reasons and the biggest one is safety conceerns.

From FB:

Poster: It's baffling to me to see all of the negativity surrounding this track on social media.

Me: it’s more directed toward XR than the track, and is a result of their past practices/promises not being followed through on.

Barry Braun (OFF THE TOP ROPE FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!): Ask the folks at WVMS how that project was received. It has nothing to do with XR. It has everything to do with how people choose to operate on social media.

Me: Respectfully sir, your organization has a history of making announcements, then backtracking on them or them not coming to fruition. Heck, you were building a new 1/4 mile with a schedule announced at Pennsboro. POOF. Dirt races at N. Wilkesboro. POOF. $100K race in Vegas. POOF. $20K race at All Tech. POOF. Working Man $10K at Gaffney turned into $7500 and different sanction. POOF. 2022 racing season at the Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track. POOF. The hardcore race fans you seek at customers have largely taken a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to XR. I wish you the best of luck with this effort.

GTFOH with the blaming fans on social media bs lol.

Maybe Doug Bland is behind the scenes?

Jerky, you and everyone else have a right to be concerned. I am.

Doesn’t seem likely that they’ll be ready to race by May. I’d honestly say the chances are next to impossible.

I see comments from BB and others on social media (fans) and I laugh, some things have been back tracked on, as far as comments made from earlier in the process.

It’s been well documented how close I am to this place. There’s a lot of things that have just made me shake my head.

Just three or four more months and we will see what happens. That's all I know, about this anyway.

Do I see a can, ready for kicking again??
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Braun apparently needs social media training.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

It's winter in WV. NOTHING will get done before April.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    It's winter in WV. NOTHING will get done before April.
    They wasted the dry season in my parts which is late fall. Now they act like they're going to get things done when the ground thaws and the rains of spring start. I'll bet against that first race happening.