Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

They really want to sell tickets now? Anyone on here biting on that?
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 11-28-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    They really want to sell tickets now? Anyone on hear biting on that?
    Sounds like " A Pig in a Poke " ! !

Presale, Yea I don't think so. Trust me, nope, that's not going to happen. Having some equipment pushing existing dirt around is not going to impress to many. All this cash XR keeps throwing out there, I really haven't seen a race that produced a significant return. North Wilksboro revival would never have happened if someone by the name of Earnhardt Jr didn't get involved.

^^^
    And all the government Covid $$ given to revitalize Wilksboro.
    Kinda crazy that Marcus Smith ( Briton’s son) owns it with all his other holdings- probably a billionaire but the government pays to revitalize it.

The picture on post #43 would be one he!! of a deal if the track was left that way. You go off the track and it would be quite a butt pincher!! hahahaa
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 11-29-2023 at 03:06 PM.

I’ve been telling people for ages now that this won’t happen. I just hope that everyone who worked on the track gets paid. It’s not a secret that Marcus Smith had to clean up his mess at North Wilkesboro.

Barry recently cut a $80k to win race down to $20k to win at all All-Tech. He’s pre-selling tickets for a track that doesn’t exist. That should tell you everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Presale, Yea I don't think so. Trust me, nope, that's not going to happen. Having some equipment pushing existing dirt around is not going to impress to many. All this cash XR keeps throwing out there, I really haven't seen a race that produced a significant return. North Wilksboro revival would never have happened if someone by the name of Earnhardt Jr didn't get involved.
    Thank you for taking the time to think about it. LOL!

If (big IF) this place ever reopens it's going to take 2 races for everyone looking to relive the "Magic of Pennsboro" to realize they can't drink like they did the last time they were there, they can't climb up a hillside anymore with their aching joints, and lighting port a potties on fire or ripping off the doors and riding them down the hillside isn't nearly as fun at 60 years old as it was in 1988 when they were 25. Just like WVMS, those rose colored glasses from the 80s are going to fall off real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    If (big IF) this place ever reopens it's going to take 2 races for everyone looking to relive the "Magic of Pennsboro" to realize they can't drink like they did the last time they were there, they can't climb up a hillside anymore with their aching joints, and lighting port a potties on fire or ripping off the doors and riding them down the hillside isn't nearly as fun at 60 years old as it was in 1988 when they were 25. Just like WVMS, those rose colored glasses from the 80s are going to fall off real quick.
    Very, very true

Question

Does mean that there will be no more of the wet T shirt contests and blown up garbage bags filled with oxygen and acetylene ? ?

If there's a wet t-shirt contest the t shirts better be extra long cause those boobies you remember from 1988 are bouncing off kneecaps now lol. In case you haven't noticed there's not a lot of 18-30 year olds at the races doing dumb stuff like we all used to (and some still currently) do.

If there's a wet t-shirt contest the t shirts better be extra long cause those boobies you remember from 1988 are bouncing off kneecaps now lol.
    I've got no problem with that 😀
    8/13/16

There's always that chance that the racing might be good....

Or that the grasshoppers will have new grass to live on.

I've seen plenty of snoozers in my life. If I lived within a couple hours of Pennsboro, even if I thought it could be a lousy race, I'd be there for the inaugural one.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    That is the dumbest decision anybody has ever made. The place is like 2 modern cars wide and doesn’t race worth a f*ck. They can bring it back all they want. They’ll get about as many cars as the recent revival of big WVMS (that is already a failure and the place is closed again).
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bayko,

You beat me to it. This is absolute lunacy in line with the rule makers of this sport. The ineptitude is staggering.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

i remember the posts after the last Pennsboro race about how law enforcement wrote a ton of tickets for those parked along the road. Was that normal for races at the track ? Were signs posted ?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bayko,

You beat me to it. This is absolute lunacy in line with the rule makers of this sport. The ineptitude is staggering.
    They have managed to not open in time and plan to open in a worse way. Huge dent to credibility.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

At a loss for words.

I've heard these rumors the past two months, the nostalgia will be cool the first race, then people will lose interest and cars won't show. I don't know why people can't see the writing on the wall (WVMS). Big tracks are dead because of the cost, and this place doesn't stand a chance especially considering how bad the racing was. It's no longer 1995. There were enough locals and uneducated board members that complained enough to make this happen.