Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I find these plans pretty interesting. A lot of the flavor of the old place is still there. The big old track with the bridges, the hillside and the creek still retains a shape around the facility for nostalgia I think it is a pretty smart design for utilizing the space available for pits, parking and camping. If they do the bull ring right they should be able to produce good racing there (especially with today's cars), something most folks said was absent from the big narrow track of the past.

This could be the smart way to do it after all. It will take money to get this done right but it would have taken a whole lot more if the track was the original configuration and building new bridges was involved. The races I've watched from WVMS (on Flo/MavTV) have not been good. What would you have had with the old track being rebuilt?

Good luck to them. Hope they pull this off right.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

PODCAST

Episode 1 - Rebuilding of Pennsboro Speedway

Listen here on Spotify
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Sy77GU1sZDt7XyPqWkvjW (Press green button to listen)
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

A 1/4 mile makes way, way more sense in that part of the world.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

WVMS was never a good venue in my opinion. The only way that tracks survives is if someone comes in with a D9 and cuts it in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    A 1/4 mile makes way, way more sense in that part of the world.
    Don't tell the locals that

Would be cool for them to offer camping on the actual big track that weekend……nostalgic and would be something the campers would probably enjoy with the experience of that first big race back.
    I know I sure would.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Renderings of what the hillside will look like with reserved seating numbers and spots. Race operations and suites to be added to the top.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...78348509177458
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Reserved Seats and Terrace Hillside General Admission are now on sale for all 2024 Pennsboro Speedway events.

Camping, Pit Passes, Registration, and MORE will be released by August 18, 2023.

If you have questions send via Facebook or shop@xrevents.com

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...55837144194904
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

The last time Pennsboro Speedway ran the internet was just kicking off. The true .COM was never used. As of today the official website is up at pennsborospeedway.com

Pretty bare but like many things in the background, it is another step in the process for this rebuild. Websites might be old-school these days but as a former web developer (that started in the industry through the world wide web) this is rad.

New Podcast out tomorrow. Things are happenin' and earth is about to move.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

There putting in seating ? O h1ll no. Waste of money, get your self a patch of ground and relax. Stands, BLAH.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    There putting in seating ? O h1ll no. Waste of money, get your self a patch of ground and relax. Stands, BLAH.
    Got to think about today's fans. Better have seats with cushions and backs, or they ain't coming. I loved the hill myself!

I cant wrap my head around anyone having a problem with anything they are doing here. New facilities, 1/4 mile track and a legendary area. Hope its as good of racing as Tyler county and thrives. If its like that then WV has two bullrings that could run together and help the racing in the area. Kudos to everyone involved. Looking forward to making the trip back down rt50.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Don't tell the locals that
    I don’t understand why anybody would even think the old layout would even work with today’s cars. It’s like 2 1/2 cars wide.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I'm guessing because they haven't been to a race or seen a super late model since 2001. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've read a person comment that the drivers are scared of speed.

It’s casual fans that haven’t been to a race in twenty 22 years saying those things. They obviously don’t understand the current landscape of super late model racing.

And bingo was his name o…..great post penn.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Anybody hear anything about this recently? Nobody’s posted anything about it in a while

I just don’t see it working out good. They have that badazz gokart track over there in turn two, and now the track is gonna be a big long paper clip on the front stretch. So now where are all the haulers going to park? You can’t park outside if you’re planning on drawing a large crowd of spectators. So you’re going to park haulers on their nice gokart track or on the old big track? Also there’s a big nice bathroom on the front stretch side now that they’re going to have to do something about. Just seems like a big deal with not a lot of thought put into it.

Drop Shock

They posted on the track's new Facebook page a while back where and how the haulers were going to be parked with a picture and talked about possibly limiting entries.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I’m pulling for them, it would be great for the area. I just think it’s going to be like everything else Barry Braun is apart of. Starts out strong then falls off a cliff