Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Track Build updates.

This picture is from October 10th

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Video of track build progress from October 6th.

https://www.facebook.com/pennsboroma...99647638707287
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Track Build updates.

This picture is from October 6th.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Before the Clay was put down.

Pictures are from October 5th.

Pic 1

Pic 2
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

The pictures are just about worthless. Not sure if taken on a 2005 flip phone or what but completely distorts the perspective.

I know I've suggested this before but I'll be shocked if XR still exists by come summer. Seen similar types of things roll thru Nascar several times. Somebody comes in throwing dollars all around and then...poof! They gone. Hope I'm wrong but all smells fishy.

They said they would have cars on the track in 2023..well 2023 is almost over

I’ll mostly keep my mouth shut but there’s a ton of work to be done. First race is scheduled in April, they quit work in mid October. Still needs fencing, guard rails, lighting, hillside work for bleachers among other stuff. Those pics above mean nothing, I drive by it every day.

Pennsboro
    I agree with you 100%.
    Is HDFan the PR guy for them?😀

im guessing if the 1/4 mile is a success, the 5/8 will disappear quickly and they will better utilize the land.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Watching the progress at Pennsboro is akin to watching the people at the tv show " The Curse of Oak Island " working for 11 seasons to find gold and still not ever finding a gosh darn thing !

I hope the reopening of Pennsboro for special events ultimately works. I don’t think it will with Scott, Barry, and XR behind it. I listened to each episode of the Rebuilding Pennsboro Speedway podcast and it was a terrible way to try to build support for their efforts. I was hoping it would provide updates about their plans and progress, and how they are trying to get things going. It did provide some good information, but they were very defensive and spent more time crapping on fans than anything else. The bitterness they have for the fans and anyone with ideas different from their own makes their arrogance very evident. That will ultimately doom the project by alienating the fans who want to see the return of Pennsboro. I understand the reasons the old Pennsboro track doesn’t work right now, and most fans can accept that. But there is nothing dumber than telling the people you want to come to your business how stupid and out of touch with reality they are. Even if you believe that, don’t be foolish enough to go on a podcast, which you are creating, and publicly state it. Both guys on the podcast just come off as unprofessional jerks with an inflated opinion of themselves. They were lucky NASCAR and the state of North Carolina got involved with North Wilkesboro, and that project moved by leaps and bounds after XR was pushed aside. Hopefully someone else will do the same for Pennsboro. Based upon the lack of work other than moving some dirt, maybe that is a sign they are already looking to cut bait and get out. I wonder if ticket sales haven’t gone the way they were hoping. As long as Scott and Barry are involved, I don’t have a lot of optimism.

It pays to be on TV! The Oak Island brother have recovered 50¢ in treasure but are both millionaires from TV!

They'll have to push 8" of snow off and use a jet dryer to thaw everything come April.

It's a lost cause.

Let. It. Go.

Make a whole lot more sense to refurbish WVMS. Create a 3/8 mile track inside the existing. Maybe still use the big track for some motorcycle racing? It's right next to fairly major highway. Only purpose for Rt 50 is to make it quicker to get out of the slums.

Lived in WV from 67-96. Should have left much sooner. It's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)hole.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    It's a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)hole.
    p-o-o-p-h-o-l-e?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    They said they would have cars on the track in 2023..well 2023 is almost over
    I didn’t even know that but with the other things I’ve heard recently. It’s not shocking at all

Be thankful it's opening back up. Too many are shutting down these days.

I don't know how they would expect people to buy tickets to a track that doesn't even exist yet. Noone should buy a ticket until they see the track complete. And I agree with the arrogance on the podcasts. "If you don't buy a presale ticket, you aren't getting in" Cmon....

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    I don't know how they would expect people to buy tickets to a track that doesn't even exist yet. Noone should buy a ticket until they see the track complete. And I agree with the arrogance on the podcasts. "If you don't buy a presale ticket, you aren't getting in" Cmon....
    Those pods made a lot of people angry. I’ve been supportive, because I would love to see it happen but I’m not buying tickets until I know it’s happening. Right now, I’m not so sure that it is.