Default Comp Cams @ Arrowhead Speedway

Are they racing at an asphalt track? It was black top to bottom at the very first hot lap session.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Are they racing at an asphalt track? It was black top to bottom at the very first hot lap session.
    Never seen a dirt race with so little passing. From DoD: "On The Move: Jon Kirby of Russellville, AR started 12th and finished 8th" and at least two of those cars retired.

I am happy Junior *FINALLY* won a race, but wow...absolutely terrible track.

Thanks to FLO, I was looking forward to seeing the rebuilt Arrowhead Speedway. Subscribing to FLO and Dirtvision has allowed me to see tracks throughout the country that I probably will never see in person. The facilities looked great, the racing surface....NOT TOO GOOD in my humble opinion.

This reconfigured track just opened back up this year after being shuttered for several years. This is the closest track to me within 1 hour's drive. Family commitment keep me from attending last night and after watching on FLO I am glad I did not go. Looks like they have some work to do on the track surface. Awesome looking facility, I hope they figure it out.

Was a very nice looking joint but, as said, the track needs some work. Was glad to see both Moyers have great nights though I missed the main while sleeping through the LM main at Merrit in Michigan, a rather stark looking facility that seems to put on a pretty tight program. Enjoyed the Pro Stocks, the division we run out west, and they had a good competitive field.

I was there last night, first time being there. Facilities were great and they ran a decently efficient program aside from a half hour intermission while they watered and packed the track. It was really hot and dry there, which probably contributed to the one lane track. The surface was packed pretty hard so even when they soaked it at intermission it didn't do much good. The Comp Cams race they ran in June was apparently way different because of the rain they were getting at the time. So, while the racing last night wasn't good, I will definitely give this track another shot when it's not so ridiculously hot, because it's definitely got potential.

That area has had triple digit or near triple digit temperatures and no rain the last two weeks, plus it’s a new racing surface this year and like stated in a previous post this place has been sitting idle for several years. All of you keyboard promoters cut these people some slack and go support them, there’s tracks falling by the wayside every year now and this area really needed this track to reopen and I’m looking forward to getting up there and supporting them.