Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Normally always the case when restaurant food makes it to the grocery stores…….but I understood the concept and figured they had to be close.
    Boy won’t SS be upset when he finds out there is slider confliction between our personalities…. Bbq/lurker lmao.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

A frozen WC is not even close to an actual fresh OTC WC. I wish that wasn't so, I would be buying the frozen ones all the time.

It's also hard to get the buns from being trashed in the microwave. And they don't put enough of the grilled onions on the frozen ones either. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    A frozen WC is not even close to an actual fresh OTC WC. I wish that wasn't so, I would be buying the frozen ones all the time.It's also hard to get the buns from being trashed in the microwave. And they don't put enough of the grilled onions on the frozen ones either. lol
    I believe that Harold and Kumar would be in agreement.

They were on a mission!!!

Default Powers Hamburgers

One of the best sliders you will ever have. Local joint, lot’sa onions.

https://roadfood.com/restaurants/powers-hamburgers/

https://www.google.com/search?q=powe...w=1263&bih=933

Love checking out regional joints even if only through pictures and words. All that looks great.

Yes. When traveling I love eating a local eateries versus chain restaurants.

Best 20 year old story on that was a roadside authentic Cuban restaurant in the most Southern Keys of Florida. It was my day to pick where we eat, and my day to buy. Every one had great eats, and was glad it was my day. Still talked about to this day.

My bride and I ate at a place in the outerbanks back in the 80s/early 90s ….kind of a German fusion ish place that was totally unexpected to find considering where we were. Had cool beers,and even cooler food. Ate my first ever grilled ceasar salad…..the chef stuffed all of the normal ceasar stuff in between the leaves of the romain and then grilled/wilted the lettuce. Was one of the coolest food things I had seen at the time.
    Now we make them a few times a year for houseguests, and almost always get a wow, or dam this is good….we grill shrimp and toss a handful of smoked crabmeat on those salads these days.

Never would have even known or thought about anything like it had we not stumbled in looking for food and cold beer…..highly recommend seeking the local flare when traveling if possible.

The White Steamer Cafe, in Washington Indiana is a special place. When you drive down mainstreet and get a smell of the grill frying fresh hamburger with the grilled onions, you float up off of the ground like Wimpy and float into the entrance for the real deal!!!

Last edited by Buford.Justice; 08-16-2023 at 02:03 PM.

If they have “ buy em by the sack” on the sign outside a hamburger joint you know it’s going to be good……we had a joint like that close to where I grew up called Oliver’s in Southport NC.
    When mom or dad rolled in with a bagful of those for dinner I was never late for the supper table call…..very cool stories about backroad food finds here y’all. Thanks for sharing.

For sure BBQ this is no conspiracy theory. lol