Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: north/south

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Banging the cushion, and selling t-shirts. Little Bobby reminds me of Tmez.
    Lol, no sht!
    https://youtu.be/10halObWOQY

Glad someone got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Lol, I bet he is. I had to chuckle a little at the looks of Turbot's car. That thing was beyond messed up. I was surprised that they let him continue.
    Yeah. That car was a real mess. Looked like 10lbs of manure went in a 5lb bag.

Knowing Erb and his ego, he probably thought he could do a Bloomquist and win on 3 tires.

Landrum started at the back on Friday with Eb, because...well, that's where Erb starts, and I wonder if Erb Erb'd him and that had something to do with it or Landrum just wasn't "there to make friends". Either way, Landrum is the man!

Turbo made a mess by driving back into the 18. He did the same thing that Chase Elliot got set a race for when he did it to Hamlin. Turbo doesn't care because he had a guaranteed spot in the feature.

I am not a fan of his not that he would care. Har Har

Quote Originally Posted by 1forthe$ View Post
    Kidrock your right i guess i should clarify that when i say squeezing them to the bottom i don't mean running them to the infield, i meant more setting up for the corner early where they cant get underneath you. Protecting your inside would have been more what i meant, i suppose. The difference being that you already have the spot and are changing your entry to protect it... Rather than advancing by messing someone up. For instance I like when sliders are thrown where the opposing driver has an opportunity to turn back underneath and cross them over. I don't like the sliders where they basically park on the nose of the other car.

The fact that you bring up Dale Sr is interesting. I had that same thought last night that Dale Sr made a legend of himself driving 'kinda dirty' to win... and I was a huge fan. The only thing I can rationalize about it is that I guess in NASCAR it was the only excitement alot of the times, and the only way to pass most of it... i guess, idk.

But all these young guys have way to much talent and great equipment to have to race that way. If it was a terrible track.. or hell maybe even the last lap it maybe would have a different feel. It just felt cheap to me who wasnt particularly a fan of anyone at the front. I just thought it was gonna come down to one hell of a finish and he cheated himself mostly the chance of greater respect from fans like me.. and of a potentially legendary tale of a north/south weekend. Ill remember it as when Bobby drove RTJ 'kinda dirty' to get the win.. instead of when he drove to the front of the field, had a fierce battle with Hudson, held off many challenges, and had to drive back by RTJ for the win. I suspect im not the only one who will remember it that way. Theres a reason theres always threads about Bobby driving on here.. and none about all the other guys. (excluding ZERO, but thats mostly about time management and weight issues haha)
    The cars race each other horrible with the aero and completing a pass isn't easy. You can't gain a few inches each lap. You have to take it all at once. That's why they race each other the way they do.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

JMO , best race I have seen all year , I knew my boy jimmy was using his stuff up to early but what do you do , and no matter what you think of BP , that was a h3ll of a run .....

Tyler said when he got squeezed into the wall, it pulled the wheel out of his hands which is what made him turn left. I talked to him after they got the car put back together. They had a small army putting it back together after that happened. People can say what they want about him, but he does work on his own (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Regardless if he tears it up or not.

Landrum had (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fast race car. How he thought he had terbo cleared there is beyond me. That was my view from the turn 2 infield.