Default NDLMHoF - Ozzie Altman

Great to see and hear Ozzie’s voice! Thanks to Kelley Carlton and the board for his induction to the Hall of Fame. Ozzie’s voice and stories never get old. Ozzie’s commitment and hard work throughout the years, great job/career well deserved.
    My wife and I attended a bunch of Hav A Tampa races, we would go about every weekend. We go to know the voice and PR of the series, Ozzie Altman. I’ll never forget our telephone rung on Christmas afternoon. On the phone was Ozzie wishing our family a Merry Christmas. That was a cool thing and made my Christmas that year.
    Stay Strong Ozzie!

I had no idea he was in a wheelchair until yesterday. I'll never forget the call he made on birkys pass on Bloomquist during the 02 world 100. Probably one of the more iconic calls in the sport ever IMO. Definitely deserved.

If my memory is correct- he suffered a severe stroke at Dover Delaware Raceway

no disrespect but ozzie shouldve been in before some of the other announcers. hes a legend

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    no disrespect but ozzie shouldve been in before some of the other announcers. hes a legend
    Riddle28 I agree with you that Ozzie should have been in the NDLMHOF several years ago and yes he is a legend. Each person that appears on the ballot is nominated by someone and then voted on by the voting board. Ozzie was just recently nominated and voted in. There are several other announcers out there whose name will be appearing on future ballots. The announcers currently in the NDLMHOF are all deserving to be there.
    Thanks James Essex

Mike Swimms was the founder and owner of the Hav-A-Tampa series and had a vision for a great late model series. He carried that out- but unfortunately left us way to early. In my opinion- Ozzie was very instrumental in the success of Hav-A-Tampa. He made you feel like you were riding shotgun with the drivers! He didn’t need any notes to introduce the starting field down on the track. He knew them/team owner/sponsors/ crew chief and just about anything else about the drivers and teams. “ Frateenal Order of Go Fast”- he use to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerView View Post
    Riddle28 I agree with you that Ozzie should have been in the NDLMHOF several years ago and yes he is a legend. Each person that appears on the ballot is nominated by someone and then voted on by the voting board. Ozzie was just recently nominated and voted in. There are several other announcers out there whose name will be appearing on future ballots. The announcers currently in the NDLMHOF are all deserving to be there.
    Thanks James Essex
    oh ok i wasnt sure. it wouldve been really neat for all 3 of you guys to go in last year together, thanks for the info