Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Topless 100 format

Does anyone know if the Topless format will be the same as the N/S 100 or something different?

It will be a full show on Friday for $5k to win, single feature as far as I know. Points will set lineup for the Saturday feature and b mains. Thursday is a separate show for the Comp Cams series that was rained out a couple weeks ago. 2 b mains and a feature for $5k to win. This will have no bearing on the Topless lineups or points. After the Thursday event they will have open practice.

Awful format in my opinion. With one preliminary night, there’s no reason not to have heats on Saturday.

any format with time trials is no bueno imo...

All these 5k preliminary races really arent good for the teams. Theres a reason almost all of the lucas/woo guys dont drop in on regional 3k-5k win races, but the tours are making them race national level competition for peanuts all in the name of the "big payout" on saturday.

So your saying the fans should get screwed more by paying 20-25 bucks to get into the stands to watch timing in and some heat races. I'm all for people getting to see more racing. I would like to see the double feature more just because it gives more of the little guys a chance to make another race where they normally wouldn't. I'm all for more opportunities to adjust under race conditions.

Response to post#3, per Lucas press release there are no heats on Saturday. Only B’s and feature.
    Scott Kleindorfer

The Lucas and WoO multi-day shows appear to be well attended overall, $5-6K preliminary shows should be a thing of the past.

Just see the North/South 100 last week for an awesome three-day format. That’s pretty much perfect, from a fan’s perspective.

Eldora has a perfect 3 day format and Florence last week did the same. Preliminary nights setting up heat lineups for the final day. This week could be the first I’ve seen of one preliminary night locking in the top 16, usually it’s 2 nights for the Crown Jewels ( usa nationals, show me 100, Knoxville nationals etc )

PDC
    4 Friday night mini features or 25 lap heats. Call em what you want. Top 4 from each locked into Saturday night's A Main.
    8/13/16

HH25 there won't be enough cars at Batesville to have 4 mini features. They will be VERY lucky to have 45 cars. I live 2hrs away and I ain't going. Gonna be in the upper 90's both days. The track will most likely be rubbered up by lap 60.
    Lucas Oil ruined this race. It used to be 20 lap heats and bmains. That really made for some great racing. Even helped the bmain cars get enough laps to move forward if you started in the back. Just not anything like it used to be.

I like the eldora format as a fan. The point system is kind of tough to understand, but the amount of racing you get to see is second to none. They pay well too.

I'm not really a fan of the format Lucas seems to be trying to adopt to their "crown jewel" type races. You get to see plenty of racing for sure. It just seems every big race they have, has the same format, and it's just boring to me, with exception being the SDN. The pay sucks for these races as well.

The topless will suffer to draw cars only having one prelim because of that. We seen guys have a off night Thursday at the north south last weekend, and still make the big show on Saturday from having a decent night on Friday. We wont see much of that this weekend only having one prelim night.

Isn't this the same format they used at Muskingum County?

Top 16 are locked in from Friday.

I find it strange that the format would have that much effect on the car count. But then again, I'm not as familiar with that area as some of you guys are. With WoO off, I'd expect a great group of cars for $50,000.
    8/13/16

RTJ had better be prepared well for this race because I think that young Huddy Onail is going to be tough to beat at this track ! !

Is Thursday nght not on Flo? Am I missing it? By the way, I love them being topless!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Is Thursday nght not on Flo? Am I missing it? By the way, I love them being topless!
    Tonight is only optional practice for the Lucas Guys. The topless is 18th and 19th. Looks like the Comp Cams Super Dirt Series make up race will not be shown on Flo.

"Thursday Night, August 17th - The Comp Cams Super Dirt Series will be racing the CCSDS Features that were rained out on July 29th. Afterwards, an open practice has been scheduled for all Late Models that wish to practice for the upcoming Topless 100"

Lucas & Comp races are on Flo. just surprised that Thursday wasn't on Flo, since they are already there. Too much $$ paying Rigsby & others?!