Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    What became of that equipment? Assume it was sold? Longhorns or Rockets? I don't remember.
    The last year they ran with Josh they had rockets. Last I heard they still had motors and a hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Doctors don't take care of patience. Just patients.
    Call it what you want. Ricky had it in full display last night. I had to laugh when he decided to go. 3rd to 1st in one lap.
    8/13/16

I'm glad he has came along and taken the limelight away from JD and others.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

RTJ is unbelievably talented (he can get in other peoples random cars and win regularly) and used to being his own mechanic, so he knows what he wants and it prob took a little time to find it. He will not be a one and done season of domination you can take that to the bank.

All he needed was to get with the right people for him. Him and wifey were kicking ass and taking names by themselves in the modified world at a very high level across several sanctioning bodies with about a third of the budget the rest of them had. No surprise to me at all that their level of success is that high these days.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    What do these folks have in that car? Whatever it is I want it 
    He's at the intersection of talent, hard work, equipment and support. Essentially he's in the zone, but next year it may be someone else, like 2015 was JD or 2021 was Overton or when Bloomquist and Madden reunited a few years back. I dont think its any one thing, but In the words of Crash Davis, "You never Fark with the streak, because they don't come around that often."
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They have some sort of mechanical advantage and they've managed to keep it quiet better than people usually do. Most teams have loose lips guys and most smart people eventually want to take a victory lap and show everyone how smart they are.

RTJ is not that much better than the other guys. The cars are way too easy to drive these days for some sort of talent to separate to that degree.

What Bayko says about starting in mods is valid, but it only got guys like Strickler so far.

RTJ is much better than Strickler even in mods.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He is. But he's not a transcendent phenom either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He is. But he's not a transcendent phenom either.
    Agreed. Guys like Pierce, RTJ, TMac and JD are probably the top tier as far as versatile drivers, but in my opinion there are 30-40 guys that are good enough to win a Lucas level race. The ones winning got the best overall package

To me, and another poster mentioned it kind of resembling a modified on corner entry and exit, I am wondering if they might have put a pull bar on it instead of using the lift-arm 5th coil. Just use the lift arm for the decel-6th coil.
    Just a thought??!!
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Agreed. Guys like Pierce, RTJ, TMac and JD are probably the top tier as far as versatile drivers, but in my opinion there are 30-40 guys that are good enough to win a Lucas level race. The ones winning got the best overall package
    Agree, but I think there's way more drivers capable than that. The limiting factor is the number of teams capable.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    To me, and another poster mentioned it kind of resembling a modified on corner entry and exit, I am wondering if they might have put a pull bar on it instead of using the lift-arm 5th coil. Just use the lift arm for the decel-6th coil.
    Just a thought??!!
    If that's what they have done, it will be added to the rule book next year.

Well ,HIS CREW CHIEF IS FROM THE SLICK TRACK SOUTH!THEY HAVE HIT OM SOMETHING YOU CANT SEE PLUS THEY MUST NOT HAVE ANY LOOSE LIPS LOL...

When is clint boyer gonna make a come back?Hell clint drive them yourself...

they might have one of those lr springs that starts out stiff and gets soft,What ya thank bbq boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Much better….and a much better head on his shoulders.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    All he needed was to get with the right people for him. Him and wifey were kicking ass and taking names by themselves in the modified world at a very high level across several sanctioning bodies with about a third of the budget the rest of them had. No surprise to me at all that their level of success is that high these days.
    That tells me that Nick Hoffman is going to have a breakout year then in the future ? ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-22-2023 at 08:49 PM.

Once Hoffman is done experimenting , watch out ! He has looked really impressive at some tracks.

stickler was and is wayyyyyyy over rated he was good in a mod, but not great, no where near the level of RTJ
    Last edited by wfodirt66; 08-24-2023 at 10:51 PM.

He has equal equipment, solid-solid crew chief, and no longer seeing tracks for the first time.