Default Announcing last night

I think James,DJ,and Ben all do a great job and they all havethe knowledge. I'm not knocking anyone but it was so much better last night where DJ was not trying to talk at the same time as James. They may not notice it when they're all together but I can't tell what they say.It might just be me though.TY all three.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    I think James,DJ,and Ben all do a great job and they all havethe knowledge. I'm not knocking anyone but it was so much better last night where DJ was not trying to talk at the same time as James. They may not notice it when they're all together but I can't tell what they say.It might just be me though.TY all three.
    I noticed the same thing. DJ has a habit of talking over James this season a LOT.

You're 100% right ... and it's an area I need to work on and improve. As a matter of fact, I sent James a message just a few days ago apologizing for stepping on him the last few races.

It's not something I notice 'in the moment' ... rather it's after the event when I'm streaming the replay while in my office. I hope it hasn't always been like that (I haven't noticed it until recently ... but I understand we can be immune to our own faults at times), because James deserves better ... and so do the fans. But you have my word I will make a conscious effort to correct that moving forward.

Thanks all! Your support means more than anything.

- DJ -

Quote Originally Posted by DustinJ14 View Post
    You're 100% right ... and it's an area I need to work on and improve. As a matter of fact, I sent James a message just a few days ago apologizing for stepping on him the last few races.

It's not something I notice 'in the moment' ... rather it's after the event when I'm streaming the replay while in my office. I hope it hasn't always been like that (I haven't noticed it until recently ... but I understand we can be immune to our own faults at times), because James deserves better ... and so do the fans. But you have my word I will make a conscious effort to correct that moving forward.

- DJ -
    This is the sort of thing that makes you (and Ben and James) so likable. You guys are so down to earth it is like watching the races with good friends.

One thing I had noticed this season was your mic was picking up when you were inhaling...almost like you were too close to the mic or it was too sensitive.

This season the announcing on the Lucas shows has been a huge upgrade. Keep up the good work!

I really like this announcer crew. DJ is a huge upgrade over Bob Dillner.

DJ,

Thanks for coming on this forum and admitting an area you are looking to improve on. That alone takes courage. All of us race fans don't realize how hard it has to when three announcers are calling a race. I marvel at the work that IMS and MRN announcers do when calling a race in their four corners, how they know when to speak and when to drop off for the next guy.

Keep up the great work. You guys have taken FLO and Lucas Oil broadcasts to a new level this year with all your knowledge. We appreciate you guys! 🏁

every once in awhile this forum surprises me with respectful discussions.

announcers now have so much more exposure that they are sure to receive criticism. how they react says a lot. i know i could never do it.

during the heat of the moment i would likely spout off as if i was the only one there and it would make a sailor cringe!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

You're 100% right ... and it's an area I need to work on and improve. As a matter of fact, I sent James a message just a few days ago apologizing for stepping on him the last few races.It's not something I notice 'in the moment' ... rather it's after the event when I'm streaming the replay while in my office. I hope it hasn't always been like that (I haven't noticed it until recently ... but I understand we can be immune to our own faults at times), because James deserves better ... and so do the fans. But you have my word I will make a conscious effort to correct that moving forward.Thanks all! Your support means more than anything.- DJ -
    Ty for the friendly reply DJ. Again I was not trying to be a A-hole but I really enjoy listening to the announcers where as a lot of fans don't. Some say all they want is the sound of engines but not me.I'm limited to how far I can travel now so I rely on Flo to get my fix. Again you do a great job and THANKS.

- DJ -
    You can’t hide class…..nicely done DJ.

I’d listen to you guys make the call at church bingo and it would be great……y’all are that good together.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

James Essex announced at my home track, Brownstown. Starting at a young age and did a top notch job for years. He became the promoter of this track later on, before going to Northern Allstars and Lucas. I probably missed some of his other positions. Quite a great career!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

- DJ -
    Great post DJ, I remember meeting you several years back before you became an announcer. It was at Richmond Speedway in Kentucky. Best wishes to you also!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

- DJ -
    great post . you keep this attitude and I feel you have a great future in this sport ....

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    James Essex announced at my home track, Brownstown. Starting at a young age and did a top notch job for years. He became the promoter of this track later on, before going to Northern Allstars and Lucas. I probably missed some of his other positions. Quite a great career!
    Man listening to Essex at your home track growing up would have been the stuff…..that had to be really cool to hear every weekend CW.
    There are certain iconic “ voices” and calls you always associate with different sports…..Keith Jackson college football…..vin scully dodger baseball…..(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Vitale college basketball etc.
    Mr. James Essex is Dirt late models version of that imo….will always associate one with the other. Thank you for that Towerview, the pleasure is all ours sir.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    DJ,
    Keep up the great work. You guys have taken FLO and Lucas Oil broadcasts to a new level this year with all your knowledge. We appreciate you guys! 
    I second this! Keep up the great work Dustin, and everyone involved. You guys work hard at what you do and it shows! I'll see you in a couple weeks at the World 100.
    -Kyle Armstrong

Thank God you gals have found somebody y'all can slobber over. Just heartbreaking to see you'ns all unhappy on here all the time.