Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Batesville Topless

Why does Lucas or any series for that matter keep going to that dump. Ive seen maybe 1 good race there in 30 + years. SMH! Always locks down.

You mean this has actually been called a race at one time? I always thought it was a high speed perade for the stars in their cars...

They should move it to Eldora.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Eldora has enough, plus their races usually suck. I was thinking more like Wheatland or even Legit (West Plains). Anything would be better than Batesville. They never even attempted any type track prep b4 feature.

It's all about holding the fans hostage to sell more hot dogs. When they treat the late models like a support division and run their feature last they couldn't have made it any more obvious that the promoter didn't care if the track locked down or not. If they did care they would have kept as many laps as possible off of the track before the late model feature. Or just put more effort into track prep.

For a while the Lucas series was leading the effort to force tracks to run the late model feature first to make sure that this doesn't happen. I wonder why they're now running their shows like UMP and letting tracks hold everybody hostage and make sure that the track sucks as much as possible for the race that everybody came to see.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 08-20-2023 at 10:45 AM.

There are so many good race tracks in America that it’s a shame some of our Crown Jewels are held at garbage race tracks.

Here’s my pet peace about these Crown Jewel events:

Support classes that ruin the show by not being able to run more than 3 consecutive laps without a caution and promoters that refuse to realize that in the modern day of streaming, your “Crown Jewel” needs to be ran in prime time… not starting at 10:30pm. You’ve spent multiple days leading up to your big race… run it at 9pm local time.

Maybe last nights show would have been better if there was an hour of track prep vs. an hour on modified b mains. Just sayin’

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It's all about holding the fans hostage to sell more hot dogs. When they treat the late models like a support division and run their feature last they couldn't have made it any more obvious that the promoter didn't care if the track locked down or not. If they did care they would have kept as many laps as possible off of the track before the late model feature. Or just put more effort into track prep.For a while the Lucas series was leading the effort to force tracks to run the late model feature first to make sure that this doesn't happen. I wonder why they're now running their shows like UMP and letting tracks hold everybody hostage and make sure that the track sucks as much as possible for the race that everybody came to see.
    Was not like this before the partnership with Flo.

^

Good point, the timing of these main events should not start so late. I understand promoters wanting to sell every hot dog they can but how can you expect kids to want to stay and watch the features? I was at home and didn’t even stay up to watch the SLM feature. Heat races for mods didn’t start until after 9pm eastern, unacceptable.

It started sucking before flo. Take it somewhere other then this dump or sht can it all together.

Congrats to Mr. McDowell on getting to the front of the train when he did.

Congrats to McDowell and crew!
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

The format for this race was terrible from the get go IMO. You basically had a normal Lucas race night Friday, and two b's and the feature on Saturday. I would not pay to go just for Saturday alone. I would much rather just see a one shot deal on Saturday and be done with it if it's going to continue to be like this. Having one prelim night and not splitting the field is useless. We seen the same guys start upfront both nights. It just put more laps on the track that clearly wasn't needed. No more than they had on the card for last night, they should've been done way earlier than they were.

It was nice seeing someone like Dale win though. That was about the only positive thing to come out of last night for me.

I can't believe Landers just left his car on the track. Talk about unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    Congrats to McDowell and crew!
    Exactly! Dale gets respect for how he goes about his business, but his career has been one of the best of all time. Underrated in my opinion.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I can't believe Landers just left his car on the track. Talk about unprofessional.
    Last I checked he's not a professional. This is his one and done for the year. He was never known for his good temperment

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Last I checked he's not a professional. This is his one and done for the year. He was never known for his good temperment
    Too bad cause he's a good driver.

Should have been made to load it up after his terrible twos' tantrum and/or gotten a spanking. Spoiled brat.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    What did he do? Run his mouth? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    What did he do? Run his mouth? ?
    Now when have you heard him run his mouth? Lol...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slldlng sideways View Post
    now when have you heard him run his mouth? Lol...
    never ! ! !