Thread: Xr1

Default Xr1

Question on getting car on RF. It seems like some of the open guys and locals around here are rolled up on the rf and hike extremely easy all the time even on caution. They even turn in the pits ane its rolled up. What are they doing to achieve this? Our shocks are directly from rocket. I've tried taking quite a bit of compression out of RF and more compression in LR but it still doesn't give the car that same attitude. Maybe I need a softer rf spring combo? Motor is an aluminum D3.

RF have 200lb spring with blue penske bump.
    15.25 #1300
    14.25 #1600
    13.25 #2400

LR 90/200 stack.
    18.625 #700
    22.625 #300

Feel free to private message if you want.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestExpress View Post
    Question on getting car on RF. It seems like some of the open guys and locals around here are rolled up on the rf and hike extremely easy all the time even on caution. They even turn in the pits ane its rolled up. What are they doing to achieve this? Our shocks are directly from rocket. I've tried taking quite a bit of compression out of RF and more compression in LR but it still doesn't give the car that same attitude. Maybe I need a softer rf spring combo? Motor is an aluminum D3. RF have 200lb spring with blue penske bump.15.25 #130014.25 #160013.25 #2400LR 90/200 stack. 18.625 #70022.625 #300Feel free to private message if you want.Thanks.
    Depends on the rules. Most of the touring guys are back to running alot of lr ride height number because deck height doesn't matter. Alot of local and regional stuff around us are still checking decks statically. If running under the latter most guys are on stacked rf

softer on the initial couple of inches, 125-150 rf, stacked rf
    don't know your rules

Running same rules as most touring series.

i would say a stack then, but you can skin a cat several different ways, but initially you'll want to be really soft, its got its goods and bads, stack can hurt restarts if you don't get it right but a single spring can cause a push, the top guys win on both, its really what you like and how much adjustability you want,
    with added adjustability you can adjust yourself out alot easier too if you don't watch it
    just keep good notes
    hope i helped, good luck

I assume by that you mean running droop rule. If that is the case just take ride height out of the rf and add to the lr. 100# on both corners will make a noticeable difference in the static posture aswell as how it acts on the track. If you have a heavy driver you may need more lr. Another thing that is a whole other rabbit whole but directly effects your initial complaint is lr bar positions "zero index" vs standard. Standard will climb or "pop" the car easier/ faster. Kinda sorta most of the time some times lol