Thread: Six Pack

Default Six Pack

The full movie is here in good quality. Racing during the day and driving the same car on dirt and asphalt and hauling your car around with a camper, that's the life.

Anyone who has worked on a race car has the same moment Brewster had at the 1 hour 22 minute point......
    Worked all winter on the new car and the car gets off the stands and sits on the ground for the 1st time

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Anyone who has worked on a race car has the same moment Brewster had at the 1 hour 22 minute point......Worked all winter on the new car and the car gets off the stands and sits on the ground for the 1st time
    Shouldn't you set it on a set of scales first ? ?

bank then it was a floor jack and you would stand a short 3/4 socket up in the middle of jack and jack it up under the quick change and go to each wheel and measure from the ground from the wheel I remember guys use to say an inch of wedge

That ain’t no lie

all you new crew chiefs try this put the same kind of wheels on both rear and jack up and measure. you can do this and not have to scale your car if you hit on that good setup....or if your and the track and throw the kitchen sink at it your can get back to your wedge,bite ect what ever you want to call it...THE GOOD OLE SINGLE LEAF DAYS FLAT WAS AWFUL GOOD....

We had a set of feed scales that we used.

Good stuff, that movie!

If it ain’t broke, I can’t fix it!

I went to school with the potty mouth kid. LOL. A lot of friends and others I knew where in the movie as extras as well. The car used for the stolen parts and chase scenes on the trailer was a car my friends father had retired and parked under a tree, Sam Cochran. They welded it to the trailer. If memory Serves Billy Clanton(Shane Clanton's father) did some stunt work in the movie too. The dirt tracks were Dixie, Rome, Senoia and Seven Flags(aka West Atlanta).
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Cat Daddy Clint Smith did a lot for the movie too.

There's a crew chief in central pa that walks around with a tape measure in his hand to set bar heights. Yea we used grain scales also and they were a pain in the rear to move around. We started to measure floor to center of hub and those old grain scales made there way out the door.