Default Tony Stewart Racing Driver Ashlea Albertson Dies In Apparent Road Rage Incident

PUBLISHED: AUG 19, 2023 Indianapolis-area TQ Midget driver involved in a 2-car crash on I-65 in Jackson County, Indiana.

Indiana State Police are continuing their investigation into an apparent road rage incident that claimed the life of Tony Stewart Racing TQ Midget driver Ashlea Albertson.

Albertson, 24, was a passenger in a GMC Terrain Friday about 11:30 a.m. on I-65 in Jackson County just south of Seymour, Indiana, when a man driving a Malibu pulled alongside the Terrain. Authorities say video recorded by a person in another vehicle in the area shows both drivers began driving faster, refusing to let each other pass. When the driver of the Malibu changed lanes into the Terrain’s path, the SUV driver lost control of his vehicle, causing the two to collide, according to ISP.

Albertson was ejected from the Terrian when it rolled over. The Malibu left the interstate and stopped in a field.

Albertson was flown to the University of Louisville Hospital where the Greenfield, Indiana, resident died. The two drivers and a juvenile passenger in the Malibu were treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Both drivers were given blood tests. The toxicology results are pending. After ISP completes its investigation, its findings will be given to the Jackson County prosecutor’s office to determine if charges will be filed.

This content is imported from twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

In a social media post, Stewart said he had lost a teammate that had “an infectious personality and could light up any room.”

“She was a great race car driver that was involved in a road rage accident and lost her life,” Stewart wrote in the social media post. “In the past, I’ve also gotten caught up in road rage. I hope that we can honor Ashlea by controlling what we can control on the highway. Losing her is a sobering reminder of how precious life is.”

Todd Albertson posted an emotional video on his daughter’s Facebook page after learning of her death.

“This is one of the hardest posts that I could possibly make, but I have no words to put it out other than making a video to share with everybody who loved her and that she loved in return,” Albertson says tearfully. “I want to thank you from my family, from myself, for making her feel like she was the best racer out there each and every time that she took the track.

“We appreciate you. We love you. I’m sorry to inform you this way, but it’s only fair that everybody knows and there be no speculation moving forward.

“She was a good kid, a better person. She just loved racing, she loved the community and you all have done so much for her. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Please keep my family, her fiancé, and everybody that is going through this time in your thoughts and prayers.

“Those of you who go to the track this weekend and enjoy racing, please know that’s all she ever wanted to do was put on a show … and be loved and respected by each and everyone of you that followed her. … Enjoy life and every moment that it is. It’s precious. We never know when our time is.”

Albertson’s and Jacob Kelly’s wedding was scheduled for March 23, 2024.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Should have had that seat belt on!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

No sh** dumb a@@. Not a time to shoot off your mouth.

I was just as sad too when I read the article the day after it happened. I just don't understand why people don't use there restraints just in case. Idk what all happened but it's ashamed what did happen. RIP
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I was just as sad too when I read the article the day after it happened. I just don't understand why people don't use there restraints just in case. Idk what all happened but it's ashamed what did happen. RIP
    Good point on the restraints. They also should be used properly. After all, look what happened with Earnhardt Sr.

Road rage often results in a bad result. Young lady loses her life and yes she should have had her seat belt, but the two numbskulls driving the vehicles walk away. However they will live with this for the res of their lives.

Very very sad

Rest in peace Ashlea…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’m not quite sure how I would react to that news if it were my daughter…..shock,rage,disappointment,sadness,and emptiness all at once I guess? Not sure what all Dad said or how he said it. Raw emotion is hard to hold in.

This is very sad. God be with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    NO need to post the video.. he just wanted attention. I despise people like him.

I read they already have a memorial race scheduled in a few weeks... just unreal what people will do to profit off a death. Total clowns.
    I didn’t ask you to post the video, if I wanted to find it I’d get my grandkids to show it to me on Facebook…..all I was saying is I’m not real sure how I’d react and that raw emotion is hard to hold in.
    I had a personal friend in the racing community lose his teenage daughter in an accident about a year ago at this time. He has handled it a lot better than I think I ever could.
    Not sure what Mr Albertson said or didn’t say but people that lose a loved one like that need some attention and to be heard when they are agonizing ….…..maybe it’s his way of asking for it? Or maybe he’s a tool like you claim……I personally think he deserves a few unjudged outbursts considering the situation but we are all different.

Understand, and I get it…….but to your point, maybe they need some attention and don’t know any other way to ask for it.
    I’m a pretty private person , don’t understand the addiction to Facebook for some people and why they would even put some of the attention seeking personal stuff they put on it……75% of the people on Facebook that tell you what they last ate, the color or size of their latest poop or post pictures of their dog licking his nuts are doing for attention anyway.

No matter what Dad said or didn’t say, as a father myself of two adult daughters I couldn’t tell you with any amount of certainty that I would be able to keep my sheet together after news like that…….I understand your point I just dont know enough about the story or dad other than it’s just sad to hear and I’m willing to give a grieving father a pass or two for something said out of anger and grief.

Peace be with the family

Sadly Facebook is how many many many people communicate……….the days of talking face to face and working things out, solving things, being there for people etc has all evolved to online facetwittergramming.
    In 50 years no one will be able to carry on a live conversation in a room full of people…..write it down.

Two idiots cost this young lady her life. As a parent I would be so enraged, don’t know if I could let it go. Moral of the story, let it go! When it comes to anything , reacting to a slight or irritation can cost you dearly.
    Last edited by obamaracing#1; 09-03-2023 at 01:57 PM.

People grieve in different ways. Some people hold it in and don’t shed a tear. Does that mean they didn’t care at all? No. Some people cry and are open about their pain for days. Does that make them attention seeking clowns? No. If your child dies and you go to your friend for a shoulder to lean on, does that mean you are seeking his attention and are a clown? No.