Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora.

Default Eldora.

Come on, the track is in horrible shape tonight. Who is doing track prep? It gets raced on so little, they have no clue about it anymore. The Dream, the million and the kings royal all had single file rstarts because of a lousy track.

Drag racing is more important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Come on, the track is in horrible shape tonight. Who is doing track prep? It gets raced on so little, they have no clue about it anymore. The Dream, the million and the kings royal all had single file rstarts because of a lousy track.
    Their idea of track prep is a sheepfoot marathon. And a sprinkle of water.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Really only started paying close attention to super late model racing since 2015, and actually watching live national races since subscription based streaming took over in 2020 but Eldora Speedway is by far, the most overrated thing in dirt racing. It had to of been way better before I starting watching? It's probably not even a top 10 bucket list track for me.

This place died when Earl died.

all eldora is now is a party destination for a bunch of drunk punks

I agree, it was buried along with Earl. Never was a Stewart fan to begin with. It’s a crime if Eldora isn’t kept up in a way that it deserves …race surface wise anyway. Sure having a party destination is fun…but in the end, people want to see some excitement when the dirt is flying.

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    all eldora is now is a party destination for a bunch of drunk punks
    This was always part of it but the best part was the racing. Then came tony....

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    --- It had to of been way better before I starting watching?
    It was. I live close to Eldora and don’t go any more. It didn’t use to be that way either. Tony killed the track surface when he NASCAR’ized it for the Trucks.

i've been going to eldora since the 70's and not all of earl's race were that good either. the biggest problem for tony is that since he got the track in i think around 2006, the cars have changed dramatically and that hasn't helped racing anywhere. the cars are killing racing.

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    i've been going to eldora since the 70's and not all of earl's race were that good either. the biggest problem for tony is that since he got the track in i think around 2006, the cars have changed dramatically and that hasn't helped racing anywhere. the cars are killing racing.
    I'm glad to see someone gets it. I can remember some snoozers there from the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Minny Lakes View Post
    Eldora Speedway is by far, the most overrated thing in dirt racing.
    👏👏👏Amen to that. 👏👏👏
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'm glad to see someone gets it. I can remember some snoozers there from the 90s.
    That’s a fact. People act as if Eldora ever raced great. There’s been some good races here and there but there was just as many snoozers when Earl had the track.

Any one remember when Eldora was a sh*t hole. By the time the feature hit you were overcome by sewer smell, pis* running out of the restrooms , stewart just prettied it up for his Nascrap cronies albeit improvements were much needed. Track and racing wise for Stewart to be a supposedly die hard dirt guy , he's not or can't get track prep figured out . Plus the latemodels of today aren't conducive to race good at Eldora or most 1/2 mile tracks.

the cars plus the track make everything too fast for much good racing, anymore. Whenever you hear someone fantasizing about Eldora..its not for the racing, but the party. Its a spectacle for any dirt fan to go see once..but after that, unless you want to spend 4 days wasted, theres not a lot of good racing to watch.

Track prep could improve quite a bit, but Tony likes the track to be hard and slick. I don't know why he continues to be so stubborn about the track surface other than the seats continue to be full. So all is good as far as they are concerned.

It's too bad for the people and racers that want good racing. So many weekends and years have turned out to be no way near WHAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN.

If you can figure out how to get just a bit more traction than the rest of the field then the track is just great, right?

I have no idea how to prep a track other than what I see if I get there early, but there is no reason whatsoever with the backing financially Eldora has for the track to be nothing short of amazing. Eldora spills more money under the beer stand than Fairbury has for a budget, and somehow they have almost 100% of the time a great race surface.

^^^^^ Yes.

"Getting there early" enough to see good track prep means getting there the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    I have no idea how to prep a track other than what I see if I get there early, but there is no reason whatsoever with the backing financially Eldora has for the track to be nothing short of amazing. Eldora spills more money under the beer stand than Fairbury has for a budget, and somehow they have almost 100% of the time a great race surface.
    Yes, Fairbury does it right.