Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    HTF guy admitted he clicked the raceceiver when a car was out of shape in front of the leader, but didn't say he said caution as per DoD. I just looked for this story again on DoD and can't find it, but I read it yesterday. EDIT: Found it. Under dispatches, after a story about Joiner winning a non dirt race not in a late model.
    Just to clarify, if you read the story, the car (01 car) slowed in the middle of T1-2. McDowell stayed in the gas for a full lap, passing both the front and back Stretch lights as well as the Flagstand which were green. When the previous caution was called, he slowed within about 2-3 car lengths after it was called. The caution wasn't called until McDowell was exiting 2 slow, You can see the lights and flagman react to the caution call over the radio on the replay. We tried to show that angle on the broadcast, but didn't show the other 3 angles because we were going green. From the replay on the website, you can see the lights, and where he is in relation to the other drivers - who are all still in the gas.The 400-500 mhz spectrum around Rome is crowded, which is the range that most tracks run their racecievers on. There is a tower on a mountain transmitting on 451, 453, and 462, less than 8 miles away There was interference with the wireless mic off and on during the night, as well as the production radio frequency. With there being no tone on the raceceivers, its possible they pick up interference easily. There are some improvements that could be made this area that would help out drivers and tracks.

2015 join date and 1 post of excuses. You must work for HTF. Just admit a mistake was made and move on.

2015 join date and 1 post of excuses. You must work for HTF. Just admit a mistake was made and move on.
    HTF has moved on. You on the other hand... Lol

I normally have nothing to contribute to other threads, so there is no need to post useless responses. Sometimes its nice to just sit back and read. I didn't say it wasn't a mistake, I just tried to give some more information to the situation than what the DOD article that was quoted provided. I never made any claim who was right or wrong. There will be various opinions on the issue, no one is going to accept the same story.

Now I remember why I left 4m, trolls. You can spot them by the sheer volume of posts to their credit. My guess is they are shut-ins of some sort and no one comes by to see them, so they lash out at folks on the web to try and provoke a response, like an neglected child who acts out for attention. As to why Dale gets the benefit of the doubt over a Winger, that's simple, credibility and character for 42 years, the other can be fast but lacks self control in tense situations. Had Winger been the one leading and checked up, he most likely would've done 3 donuts on the front shoot, his dad would've grabbed the flagman and drug him off the flagstand and chaos would've ensued. Dale on the other hand took it in stride and went back to work.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Cool

Do you realize the track’s race director and the series’s race director use the same frequency for raceciever. Huge opportunity for a mistake to be made accidentally. Also, several other drivers did confirm that they heard something at the same time Dale did.
    But from you earlier comments you have predetermined where the issue was.

Wedgie is the "issue". Laugh