Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HtF Rome McDowell caution deal

Was anybody there and listening to the raceiver? That was weird. Then on the last lap the Karma Police took out Winger's RR, Dale wins.
    Last edited by GrocMax; 09-03-2023 at 08:06 PM.

I was there, but was in the infield and didn't know what was going on at the time. In talking to people after the race and listening to Dale in his interview and talking to his crew, he said someone came over the raceiver and said caution. He slowed, then Winger and Mitchell passed them and they threw the yellow. HTF said they never came over the radio. They gave him 3rd spot, but he was pretty hot. One of the stranger things I've seen at the track in quite a while.

Hard to believe the Kardashians of late model racing don't know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Hard to believe the Kardashians of late model racing don't know what they're doing.
    They need a fella like you aboard to show them maybe? Lol

The blend rule is a officials way of saying someone
    fkd up but we're not gonna admit it.
    8/13/16

HH25- Sorta my take on it, but the RTJ deal a few weeks back when he was leading, ign box failed coming out of 4 with the flagman watching, then switched over to the 2nd box (I thought it might have popped out of gear) was a decent example of why they have implemented a 'blend rule'. Totally understand why they threw the caution, but he didn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    HH25- Sorta my take on it, but the RTJ deal a few weeks back when he was leading, ign box failed coming out of 4 with the flagman watching, then switched over to the 2nd box (I thought it might have popped out of gear) was a decent example of why they have implemented a 'blend rule'. Totally understand why they threw the caution, but he didn't stop.
    If the caution was thrown for RTJ he goes to the tail, if not thrown for him he gets his spot back. There's no need for the blend rule, it was only used because the officials were too quick with the yellow flag.

It was for RTJ, but I understand why they threw it quick- had 4-5 cars on his arse and was trying to get to the infield in front of them, got the box switched over and continued. Most series are paying more attention to driver safety issues these days. Rules have changed a bit over the years, series dependent. I remember about 10 years ago USMTS TP got sent to the back while leading because he punted a backmarker who wouldn't hold his line or move off the groove after getting the blue/yellow shook in his face about 5 times, track wasn't one lane rubber just dry wide and racy, the dipdunk just either didn't care or was messing with him, all over the track blocking the leader, but USMTS has always had a 'no judgement calls' policy, lots of other series allow judgement calls and this is an example.

I watched the race replay and it's difficult to impossible to really tell what happened in the heat of the moment, but two things stick out to me... 1-Not a SINGLE other car on the entire track slowed thinking there was a caution, only the 17M so that's gotta mean something. 2-If a situation occurred that makes one of the cleanest, well spoken DLM drivers of all time to curse in an interview, there's definitely something to his side of the story... I'm in the ambiguous column on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    I watched the race replay and it's difficult to impossible to really tell what happened in the heat of the moment, but two things stick out to me... 1-Not a SINGLE other car on the entire track slowed thinking there was a caution, only the 17M so that's gotta mean something. 2-If a situation occurred that makes one of the cleanest, well spoken DLM drivers of all time to curse in an interview, there's definitely something to his side of the story... I'm in the ambiguous column on this one.
    mightve been embarassed he made a mistake. im with you nobody slowed down until the yellow came out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    I agree. If McDowell said it happened, it happened. How it could have happened, I don't know unless the officials screwed up or the raceiver system was hacked. Both are possible.

It's possible and not hard to dial in on a certain frequency and transmit a week signal on a multi-band radio. Using very low wattage and waiting for the targeted receiver to be nearest to you, can only be heard by that closest receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I agree. If McDowell said it happened, it happened. How it could have happened, I don't know unless the officials screwed up or the raceiver system was hacked. Both are possible.
    HTF guy admitted he clicked the raceceiver when a car was out of shape in front of the leader, but didn't say he said caution as per DoD. I just looked for this story again on DoD and can't find it, but I read it yesterday. EDIT: Found it. Under dispatches, after a story about Joiner winning a non dirt race not in a late model.
    Last edited by 84wedge; 09-05-2023 at 02:54 PM.

What HOF guy did the clicking?

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    What HOF guy did the clicking?
    I think he meant HTF guy.

It makes sense considering McDowell would have seen the out of shape lapped car in front of him and hearing the raceceiver. The adult thing to do would have been for him to get his spot back after explaining his case if the person in charge of the raceceiver was man enough to admit he effed up, which he obviously wasn't at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I think he meant HTF guy.
    Oh, ok . I'm thinking maybe Bloomers was there with a mic in his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Oh, ok . I'm thinking maybe Bloomers was there with a mic in his hand.
    I'm thinking you are bloomer because it's something you would do lol lmao.............................................. .

^I would, not to Dale however.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It makes sense considering McDowell would have seen the out of shape lapped car in front of him and hearing the raceceiver. The adult thing to do would have been for him to get his spot back after explaining his case if the person in charge of the raceceiver was man enough to admit he effed up, which he obviously wasn't at the time.
    if nobody else heard caution and let out til dale slowed down, why does he get a pass and should keep his spot. lucky for him the series had a blend rule and he didnt go to the tale. Had it been winger leading and he brings the caution out, i doubt most of the folks would be saying the same thing