Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boring!

Default Boring!

Went to Eldora tonight, the late model racing was boring, no passing, no nothing, overrated. Then got home and watched the Hillbilly 100, boring, whatever JD has on restarts, it wrecks a race. The more the sport moves to everyone having Longhorn chassis, the more boring the racing gets. It really sucks, because I love dirt late model racing, but honestly, I don't love the direction its going. Lets face it, the best race at Eldora tonight was the stock cars. And honestly anymore when I turn Flo or Dirtvision on anymore, I find Im watching more and more sprint car racing.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Went to Eldora tonight, the late model racing was boring, no passing, no nothing, overrated. Then got home and watched the Hillbilly 100, boring, whatever JD has on restarts, it wrecks a race. The more the sport moves to everyone having Longhorn chassis, the more boring the racing gets. It really sucks, because I love dirt late model racing, but honestly, I don't love the direction its going. Lets face it, the best race at Eldora tonight was the stock cars. And honestly anymore when I turn Flo or Dirtvision on anymore, I find Im watching more and more sprint car racing.
    You aren't the only late model guy finding himself liking Sprint cars more and more. Late model racing isn't good right now. There's no relief in sight either.

It has nothing to do with how many guys are in a Longhorn either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was more entertained by the nascar race last night then I was the Hillbilly 100 and yes the Sprint cars have been more entertaining then the Late Models.

Can't call them all bad apples in dlm racing. Bad track prep = bad racing. Eldora has become breading grounds for shtty racing. Eldora isn't the only one.

I see plenty great races in dlm's still. Not all have been won by horns. Lot of them haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I was more entertained by the nascar race last night
    This is no surprise coming from you. Last night or any night.Big Smile

The racing was good at Tyler all weekend until the late model feature. JD stunk it up, but they also should have done just a little track prep before the feature so we could have had a little cushion.

what discrimination was that?

I've watched late models for 18 yrs and just this year got Dirtvision to predominantly watch the sprint cars.

Remember? JD himself said the fans like it when the fastest cars start up front? I thought the racing from 3rd on back was okay.

I don't know what they got going on at eldora. They need Chad back in a bad way. Whoever is in charge of the track prep there, seems to be lost.

Non-wing sprint cars and non-wing 600cc micros are the best racing right now.

last night when i thought the track was ready to run in and then hot laps would start, the water truck comes back out. i lost track of time, but 30-40 minutes later, after they got about 1-2 lanes close to ready to start hot laps. 2-3 cars slide up into the wall in the first couple laps because the track was so slick. one has to towed. they got done qualifying at around 9:00. there was nothing about last night's show that was good.

Been going to Eldora since 1984, Eldora is just a bunch of hype and atmosphere. As far as racing I can count on 1 hand the actual good racing I've saw there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Can't call them all bad apples in dlm racing. Bad track prep = bad racing. Eldora has become breading grounds for shtty racing. Eldora isn't the only one. I see plenty great races in dlm's still. Not all have been won by horns. Lot of them haven't.
    Curious..what do you consider bad track prep?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Banning white people from applying to one of their programs.
    Here is one article on it. Plenty that can be found.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...cludes-whites/

THIS SHOULD be big news but so many avoided this story.
    It is big news. But the GOV and it's owned medias are censoring. This is going on at more companies than people even know about. A new Best Buy policy. Caucasian people are not allowed to apply for the company's leadership training
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Curious..what do you consider bad track prep?
    Probably more what they didn't do to make it racey before last night. Farm it (turn the top 6" or more then soak the sht out of it) next day roll it in and water the sht out of it some more. They do that? Obviously not and don't for some of their dreams and 100's. It's hit and miss, more miss with them though. Many tracks got it figured out for the most part. You would think the folks at such a prestigious track would to?

Can't call them all bad apples in dlm racing. Bad track prep = bad racing. Eldora has become breading grounds for shtty racing. Eldora isn't the only one.

I see plenty great races in dlm's still. Not all have been won by horns. Lot of them haven't.
    Bad race cars = bad racing

There is only one type of pass that happens now. Granted, it's the type fans like most, so if they see it, all is well
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bad race cars = bad racing

There is only one type of pass that happens now. Granted, it's the type fans like most, so if they see it, all is well
    The so called " bad race cars" are racey at more tracks then not.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Well looking at You Tube nearly all that report on Nascar stuff have avoided this story. There should be massive amounts of white people not going to the races. Just unacceptable.
    Yes NASCAR just keeps angering their fans.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

The so called " bad race cars" are racey at more tracks then not.
    You must be new to dirt late models.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You must be new to dirt late models.
    Lol, why cuz you're an expert? Ok then.