Default Hill Billy 100 dead?

Is the Hill Billy 100 Dead? I see they had 34 cars yet Eldora had what 40? A bunch of West Virginia guys went to Eldora. I think if the DTWC is a huge draw we might see the Hill Billy 100 moved as well.

The hillbilly 100 isn’t leaving West Virginia.

Id like to know when 4 guys is considered "a bunch"?

Some of those "bunch" were steel blocks just wanting to get laps.

Everyone said the DTWC was going to stay in southern Ohio and West Virginia area also look where it is now. It is at Eldora with what could be a tremendous car count and fan turnout.

Looked like Tyler County was packed with fans. That's the deciding factor. Not car counts. As long as the fans support it, I doubt it goes anywhere.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Everyone said the DTWC was going to stay in southern Ohio and West Virginia area also look where it is now. It is at Eldora with what could be a tremendous car count and fan turnout.
    The DTWC left because Carl finally got enough heat about PRP surface being terrible.

Tyler county feature wasn’t good last night but that’s rare. It’s not leaving. Carl has already said that moving the hillbilly in 2012 out of state was one of the worst decisions he’s made. (It got rained out). It’s not going anywhere

But he said the DTWC would never leave the Southern Ohio area also so who knows. If he can get a facility that can hold more people and it be packed he would and if it would draw more than 34 cars.

Latemodelman is a clown

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Is the Hill Billy 100 Dead? I see they had 34 cars yet Eldora had what 40? A bunch of West Virginia guys went to Eldora. I think if the DTWC is a huge draw we might see the Hill Billy 100 moved as well.
    It's the Hillbilly Hundred

Latemodelman,

You've been guessing and promising the car counts at the Eldora Baltes race for the last 5 days. Who and where were all the IL and IN guys you were hearing about coming to Eldora last night? I didn't see one driver from those states.

well you had Indiana, Dustin Nobbe, Tristain Chamberlain, Illinois you had Tim Lance, and Melvin and you had a host of mods and stocks from Indiana and Illinois.

Idk if the surface is that much different at Tyler or if it’s just how bad the bodies suck on these cars now but it was like as soon the front runners caught the car infront of them last night they’d slow down 2 to 3 tenths. Hudson tried to pass Roberson for 60 straight laps and couldn’t do it, they all just had to follow each other around but it really wasn’t rubbered up hard or anything. Very strange and just a bad race

Tyler is still an awesome track. The cars suck.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I don't think Tyler races nearly as well as it used to before the reconfiguration. It's narrower now and there really isn't a top or bottom groove anymore. There is a lane and a half through the middle and most of the passing is done when somebody slips too high or when they're punted out of the way. 10 years ago it was actually possible to see 6 or 7 wide (that's not an exaggeration) through the turns but that's just not possible anymore with the new configuration. You never see anybody rim riding or catfishing there anymore. The backstretch wall has always pinched cars coming out of turn 2 as well which eliminates the possibility of using the extreme top side.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 09-06-2023 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I don't think Tyler races nearly as well as it used to before the reconfiguration. It's narrower now and there really isn't a top or bottom groove anymore. There is a lane and a half through the middle and most of the passing is done when somebody slips too high or when they're punted out of the way. 10 years ago it qas actually possible to see 6 or 7 wide (that's not an exaggeration) through the turns but that's just not possible anymore with the new configuration. You never see anybody rim riding or catfishing there anymore. The backstretch wall has always pinched cars coming out of turn 2 as well which eliminates the possibility of using the extreme top side.
    A lot of this is true but mods and some other classes have no problem using the high side. Lates to some but not nearly as much as they use to. I agree the surface isn’t as good as it once was. For people who know, It used to be fairbury before fairbury.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I don't think Tyler races nearly as well as it used to before the reconfiguration. It's narrower now and there really isn't a top or bottom groove anymore. There is a lane and a half through the middle and most of the passing is done when somebody slips too high or when they're punted out of the way. 10 years ago it qas actually possible to see 6 or 7 wide (that's not an exaggeration) through the turns but that's just not possible anymore with the new configuration. You never see anybody rim riding or catfishing there anymore. The backstretch wall has always pinched cars coming out of turn 2 as well which eliminates the possibility of using the extreme top side.
    I've seen some really good racing in the last 5 years, but it's true that the middle is the sweet spot. Last trip there, my driver forgot that fact when he got to lapped traffic, lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1