FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

September 4, 2023

Daulton Wilson Pays Tribute to Dunn-Benson Motorsports and Lamm Family with Special World 100 Scheme

(FAYETTEVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA) Fresh off an impressive runner-up effort in last night’s 55th Annual Hillbilly Hundred at Tyler County Speedway in Middlebourne, West Virginia, Daulton Wilson and JRR Motorsports are in the midst of a very quick turnaround before this weekend’s famed World 100. The 53rd edition of the most prestigious race in the Dirt Late Model industry will take place from September 7-9 on the hallowed high-banks of Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. A pair of split-field, $12,000 to win preliminary programs will be held at the “Big E” on Thursday and Friday leading into Saturday’s World 100 that boasts a whopping $56,000 payday.

When Daulton takes to the track this weekend at the 1/2-mile, high-banked oval, he will be sporting a special paint scheme that pays tribute to Dunn-Benson Motorsports and the Lamm Family. Daulton, who hails from Fayetteville, North Carolina, has a race shop in nearby Dunn, North Carolina in a building that also houses the office space for both Kemp Lamm and his wife Kathy. The red/white/blue paint scheme will not only pay homage to the late Carlton Lamm, the Lamm Family, and their Dunn-Benson Motorsports team, but it will also hearken back to one of the team’s biggest wins - the 2006 World 100 with Earl Pearson, Jr. behind the wheel of their iconic #1 car.

“I am so excited to release our paint scheme for the World 100 and really can’t wait to race it this weekend at Eldora,” quoted Daulton earlier today. “Our Longhorn by Wells car is running really well right now and we are coming off a very strong weekend that included a pair of podium performances with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. The Lamm family has meant so much to me in my racing career and they have helped so many other racers in our area one way or another. Getting to see and talk to Kemp (Lamm) so regularly to this day really has helped our program because they saw it all and did it all through the years with Dunn-Benson Motorsports. Him and Carlton (Lamm) have meant and continue to mean so much to racing in this area, so I’m very proud to pay tribute to them this weekend and hopefully we can do them proud!”

The excitement is equally the same for Kemp Lamm, who will be attending his first races of the year this weekend at Eldora Speedway. “I am extremely honored that Daulton would choose to run our 2006 paint scheme this weekend for the World 100 and I’m sure my dad would be as well. I have had the pleasure of watching him grow up through the years, as he started buying gas and different parts from our Dunn-Benson store way back when he started racing. You could always see that he had a lot of desire, passion, and talent, so I’m very proud of where he is today competing with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series for the second straight year.”

“Since his shop and my office are basically next door, I’ve tried to help him and his program out - not monetarily or anything - but just trying to mentor him in how to run a race team and little things here and there in the shop. I’d like to thank his car owner James Rattliff for believing in him and putting him in some great equipment, as well as a huge thank you to Performance Bodies, Xtreme Graphics, and anyone else who had a part in this special World 100 wrap. We had a lot of luck with it back in 2006, so hopefully it brings the JRR Motorsports team some luck this weekend as well!”

Daulton will also have a new t-shirt design available at Eldora Speedway commemorating the special paint scheme. The shirts will be available in both blue and black in adult sizes Medium-4XL. You can purchase the new merchandise from the Ricky Thornton, Jr. merchandise trailer on souvenir row!

The JRR Motorsports team and Daulton Wilson would like to thank their marketing partners and product sponsors for their continued support including Grant Lee Farms, MGL Auto Sales, Keltner Contracting, ICS, JRR Motor Sales, B&L Construction & Septic Service, New Point Lighting & Design, Oliver Livestock, Altrux Repair, The Auto Outlet, Worldwide Custom Car Haulers, Penske Racing Shocks, Budda Bert Transmissions, VP Racing Fuels, Lucas Oil Products, Wiles Driveshafts, FK Rod Ends, Wayne Bowen Racing Supply, Earnhardt Technologies, Buzze Racing, The Steering Buddy, Longhorn Chassis, Wells Motorsports, Hoosier Racing Tires, Xtreme Graphics, Performance Bodies, Delph Communications, and SPEEDecals.

Official Daulton Wilson merchandise can be ordered safely and securely online at www.daultonwilsonracewear.com. You can also follow “Big Perm” on Twitter at @dwilson18D or by liking on Facebook at facebook.com/daultonwilson18d. A new website is also in the works for JRR Motorsports and will launch very soon!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com