Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So, if shep and Rumley are as formidable the team as Rumley and JD were. They didn't share squat. The Rumley device was on 1 car and 1 car only. I read about all this sharing of info. You keep thinking that, How much did Madden share ? wait let me tell you, nothing. Anyone see BP team last night. As soon as that car pulled out of tech they were hanging the curtain over the back of the car. Sharing, sure you keep believing that. Walk up and down the pits, every car today backs in, curtains across the back, billboards stuffed in wheel openings so you can't see anything. But there sharing, laughable at the highest level.

They share advice just not everything. When a team finds something that gives them a tenth or two over the competition they're not going to share that but, if another team is way off they will help them where they can to get them better. They need their chassis winning races other than just the house car to sell more cars

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    They share advice just not everything. When a team finds something that gives them a tenth or two over the competition they're not going to share that but, if another team is way off they will help them where they can to get them better. They need their chassis winning races other than just the house car to sell more cars
    100%. That's the best you can hope for, it you are trying to buy speed.

On the other side of the coin, if you are trying to help someone, they are almost always doing a "setup by committee"to some degree. They ask 3 people and throw some of what everyone says at it. Meanwhile, none of those 3 people help as much as they could, because there's stuff going on they don't know about.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Since the beginning of manufactured chassis drivers have been like moths to a bright light... Rocket dominant for years with others coming and going - CJ, Bullet, GRT, Longhorn, etc. have taken their turn at the top of the food chain with teams playing monkey see monkey do. Its cyclical but at the end of the cycle Rocket always seems to rise back to the top.

Success with the house car can drive as many away as it brings in. Best case scenario is just what Longhorn has going on, customers are winning! I drive by Longhorn at least once a week and continue to see team haulers that once carried Rockets picking up a new horn. In my opinion, Rocket 1 success has led teams to feel that they do not have access to the same equipment which forces them to look for greener pastures....Longhorn teams are running right with (or currently better than) the house car...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Success with the house car can drive as many away as it brings in. Best case scenario is just what Longhorn has going on, customers are winning! I drive by Longhorn at least once a week and continue to see team haulers that once carried Rockets picking up a new horn. In my opinion, Rocket 1 success has led teams to feel that they do not have access to the same equipment which forces them to look for greener pastures....Longhorn teams are running right with (or currently better than) the house car...
    Great insight with your observations ! !