Default 2 7/8 Big Bearing Hubs

Ran into a rear hub (Winters, Bert, Bicknell) Style Wide 5, that doesn't use the traditional bearings. its the same size inner and outer and i need it for tonight. I can get the Low Drag, REM style all day from suppliers, but their has to be a Timken crossover? I doubt they are getting these custom made from suppliers. It seems to be pretty guarded. Anyone know a National or Timken number for the bearing and race for the 2 7/8 style hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Ran into a rear hub (Winters, Bert, Bicknell) Style Wide 5, that doesn't use the traditional bearings. its the same size inner and outer and i need it for tonight. I can get the Low Drag, REM style all day from suppliers, but their has to be a Timken crossover? I doubt they are getting these custom made from suppliers. It seems to be pretty guarded. Anyone know a National or Timken number for the bearing and race for the 2 7/8 style hubs?
    There is no crossover (or wasn't years ago) as those bearing are custom made and they are all import bearings. Being import bearings they aren't the free'st bearings ever and have a fair amount of drag to them (FYI)

That was the conclusion I was coming to before I posted but this confirms it. I just didn't think they would go the custom route but that explains the cost. Most of the stuff is repurposed from OEM. I guess the drag issue is why you see all them offered in REM treatment to counter that. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    There is no crossover (or wasn't years ago) as those bearing are custom made and they are all import bearings. Being import bearings they aren't the free'st bearings ever and have a fair amount of drag to them (FYI)