Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Break out the big motors….its Knoxville week.

Probably going to be an expensive weekend with the cool temps that are currently forecasted. It will be interesting to see who shows up. I see Pierce already changed his plans after his wreck at Eldora. I wonder who else will skip?

I wonder how much longer this show will last at Knoxville. To me it really lost it's luster. I went twice, back when it was still 100 laps. The first time I went there was the drama of some cars starting to run out of fuel in the 80-90 lap range. The next year they implemented the mid-race fuel stop but kept it at 100 laps. After they shortened the race I decided not to go. Maybe it's just me but, changing the format and catering to the way the cars have changed kind of soured me. The technology march of the fuel thirsty wide bore aero supers.

Yes, Knoxville is a big fast track but the surface always seems to hold up. There are ways to tune a car for a long race but the teams are just not interested in doing so for Knoxville so the race got shorter. Since then my attitude on going to any track over third mile has changed as well. I know, I know, it is still 75 laps...
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I totally agree…not the best weekend of racing. Aero has definitely hurt it. Be interesting to see how many cars and fans show up this year. Feels like a dying event for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    I wonder how much longer this show will last at Knoxville. To me it really lost it's luster. I went twice, back when it was still 100 laps. The first time I went there was the drama of some cars starting to run out of fuel in the 80-90 lap range. The next year they implemented the mid-race fuel stop but kept it at 100 laps. After they shortened the race I decided not to go. Maybe it's just me but, changing the format and catering to the way the cars have changed kind of soured me. The technology march of the fuel thirsty wide bore aero supers.

Yes, Knoxville is a big fast track but the surface always seems to hold up. There are ways to tune a car for a long race but the teams are just not interested in doing so for Knoxville so the race got shorter. Since then my attitude on going to any track over third mile has changed as well. I know, I know, it is still 75 laps...
    I'm right there with you. The format should have not changed. The racers should have figured out how to run the race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Only a matter of time until the only big tracks they will race on will be Port and Eldora.

Break out the yellow flags, fill your gas jugs, and what ever spare engine you got, it's.... Knoxville Baby! lol.

The better race is, tomorrow night... Yep...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Break out the yellow flags, fill your gas jugs, and what ever spare engine you got, it's.... Knoxville Baby! lol.
    " Run em till they BLOW " ! !

The SLM racing has been very good when I have gone to Knoxville , but it is sprint car country down there. I would be down there , but I work the weekend. I dont see why a wreck at Eldora would be a reason Pierce would skip Knoxville , surely he must have a backup car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    The SLM racing has been very good when I have gone to Knoxville , but it is sprint car country down there. I would be down there , but I work the weekend. I dont see why a wreck at Eldora would be a reason Pierce would skip Knoxville , surely he must have a backup car.
    Maybe bobby is out a Scooby-Doo wrap and demands more or he won't go?

He posted this.
    "Car is hurt really bad, forcing us to take the car to Longhorn. We will be back in action Tuesday night at Fairbury. However, after that (tentatively) we will not be in attendance at Knoxville or Brownstown for the next 2 weeks. So sorry to the fans who look forward to seeing us, but unfortunately we have to take this time to get our cars back together and focus on the World of Outlaws Late Model Series."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Maybe bobby is out a Scooby-Doo wrap and demands more or he won't go?
    Maybe he has some left over of the wonderful Wonder Bread wrap left to adorn the car left ?

Fuel stops in dirt racing is as dumb as wearing a raincoat while showering.

Post 100 laps and let the teams figure it out. Most of these "Crown Jewel" events were much better until they all became part of a series...just saying!

I dont see why a wreck at Eldora would be a reason Pierce would skip Knoxville , surely he must have a backup car.
    Just a guess, why go to a race hours away without a backup car? Especially a track that is hard on engines and isn't sanctioned by the series you're running for points?

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Just a guess, why go to a race hours away without a backup car? Especially a track that is hard on engines and isn't sanctioned by the series you're running for points?
    He's burned to many bridges with other drivers and knows he wouldn't get any help? Lol, other drivers going hrs out with no backup. Stay home when there's big racing out there.... Lolsdm!

I knew the ever prevailing excuses would come into play sooner or later. To funny!

Shame on Pierce. He should be strung up.

/s
    8/13/16

Oh I don't blame him one bit for dodging this race... The "shame" in his game is real tho... Giggle

If the pre-entry list is any indicator, they will be lucky to have 40 cars.

I’ll guess 40 cars, Saturdays A-main is 2500 to start, 32 car field.

Could a solution for Knoxville be to impose a minimum gear ratio that would limit max RPM's to 8,000? Or impost a 8,000 RPM chip?