Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

^You're asking a bit much there, don't ya think? L

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    ^^ Black sticky gumbo (river bottom) dirt - the best dirt there is!!!

It sure is, that stuff is the tackiest clay of all. The particals in black gumbo are smaller than most other clays.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Pretty sure Knoxville is a half mile around the bottom. Eldora is a half mile around the outside wall.
    My measurements of Eldora showed it about 2680 feet right on the outside wall. Of course the main average groove would be under a half mile most of the time, unless the cushion and racing line was right up against the wall.

A half mile is 2640 feet.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-15-2023 at 01:54 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    My measurements of Eldora showed it about 2680 feet right on the outside wall. Of course the main average groove would be under a half mile most of the time, unless the cushion and racing line was right up against the wall.A half mile is 2640 feet.
    I BELIEVE THIS GUY !! I don't think that he has ever steered anyone in the wrong direction !

How can it be sprint car country? Knoxville is a small town and a single track... And the only one with 410 sprints in the state of Iowa.

The Imca racesaver sprints are at one track weekly and travel a little in Iowa I think.

1st sprint car race I ever seen was Knoxville.
    8/13/16

[QUOTE=Morgs153;2468772]I wonder how much longer this show will last at Knoxville. To me it really lost it's luster. I went twice, back when it was still 100 laps. The first time I went there was the drama of some cars starting to run out of fuel in the 80-90 lap range. The next year they implemented the mid-race fuel stop but kept it at 100 laps. After they shortened the race I decided not to go. Maybe it's just me but, changing the format and catering to the way the cars have changed kind of soured me. The technology march of the fuel thirsty wide bore aero supers.

Yes, Knoxville is a big fast track but the surface always seems to hold up. There are ways to tune a car for a long race but the teams are just not interested in doing so for Knoxville so the race got shorter. Since then my attitude on going to any track over third mile has changed as well. I know, I know, it is still 75 laps...[/QUOTE

Just announced on the Knoxville Raceway Facebook page that the Lucas Oil Knoxville Nationals will return in 2024.

And if they said it was 100 laps again I'd be reserving my hotel room right now. I really liked the trip down there and had a nice time.

The Thursday show was very good. Having JD complain about aero was even better. Dude, how was it you won so many races and so much money by starting up front and staying up front? Because of AERO!
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Todd Brennan tribute car. That made me laugh.
    Haha, I just had to be a troll and post that. They do look very similar.

Those who said there would be about 40 SLM cars entered were sure correct. I dont think there were many blown engines tho.