Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That Thirsty Thursday $1 Busch Light thing cracked me up the first time I was there.

I went down for a beverage run and seen the price. I bought like ten on the first go for me and my buddy. When I walked into the bar area I was lonesome, except for all the bartenders willing to wait on me. I was laughing and she said, "What's so funny?" I told her that where I was from you'd be backing up your next tractor trailer by now and you'd be three deep at the bar. I live around a lot of beer drinkers.

I took some photos and we sent them back to a track owner and some bar owners I know. I think my track owner friend actually did it once or twice at his speedway after that.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I’ve got to ask this question since I’ve never been to either track. Both are 1/2 mile tracks what is the difference in Knoxville that makes it worse on engines than Eldora ?

^

Eldora doesn’t seem like a true half mile, and Knoxville looks like the size of WVMS

^^ Black sticky gumbo (river bottom) dirt - the best dirt there is!!!

Pretty sure Knoxville is a half mile around the bottom. Eldora is a half mile around the outside wall.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Pretty sure Knoxville is a half mile around the bottom. Eldora is a half mile around the outside wall.
    It’s still just short of a half mile at the wall.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Is there really only 4-500 people there?? I know it's a weekday too, but dang!!!!

Was Erb trailing smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Is there really only 4-500 people there?? I know it's a weekday too, but dang!!!!
    I was wondering if they had a rain delay and this was a replay during the covid days

Everyone is staying home with their big screen TV's and their favorite bottles of firewater...

Whoever has decided to not have a support class and expect to get a good crowd for 7 races is responsible for the demise of this event. It’s too good of a venue to not be a big marque event. It feels/looks like it’s on life support cuz they are having to kill time with no cars on the track with 1 class.
    Last edited by Tireguy17; 09-14-2023 at 08:56 PM.

This show never has much of a crowd. That place is too far from regular super late models and the locals are very anti everything that isn’t a winged sprint car. I can’t see this show continuing to exist.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The Saturday show is extremely lame, they should use the Saturday Eldora format. I don't live far away and it's still not worth the drive.High Limit sprints would be a good addition to draw a crowd.

Cool to see the Todd Brennan tribute car and the Ed Basey tribute car battle it out on the final lap.

Good crowd tonight and great racing. They finally figured out how to get it widened out quicker.

Why the caution for Hudson ?

Holy cow, Mrs.RTJ must feed them boys sugar cubes. What a show. Lol.
    8/13/16

Crap racing if you ask me. I like the format, 1 class, get it done so people are not held hostage to watch some divisions most could care less about. Knoxville is not late model country. Personally, I think they need to pull the plug on this one. Also remember that place is huge as far as seating is concerned, it will be interesting to see how many show up Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtTrackin52 View Post
    Cool to see the Todd Brennan tribute car and the Ed Basey tribute car battle it out on the final lap.
    Todd Brennan tribute car. That made me laugh.

Dirt crazy, lay off the booze for a minute.. it’s not even noon yet. Your saving Knoxville was a bad race???