Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    Could a solution for Knoxville be to impose a minimum gear ratio that would limit max RPM's to 8,000? Or impost a 8,000 RPM chip?
    A solution to what problem?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Blowing up engines

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    He's burned to many bridges with other drivers and knows he wouldn't get any help? Lol, other drivers going hrs out with no backup. Stay home when there's big racing out there.... Lolsdm!

I knew the ever prevailing excuses would come into play sooner or later. To funny!
    Who is going to Knoxville with an actual chance to win that does not have a backup? What do other drivers have to do with it? As usual, a bunch of crap that makes zero sense spewing from your mouth.

PS, Bobby doesn't need anyone to make excuses for him just because you're too dense to understand his SIMPLE explanation.

I can remember when drivers were mad because they would make the trip, then not be allowed in because of the cut off. I think it was 64? It's sad this race has turned into what it is.

I can see it being cut within the next couple years. Maybe Macon will replace it? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I can remember when drivers were mad because they would make the trip, then not be allowed in because of the cut off. I think it was 64? It's sad this race has turned into what it is.

I can see it being cut within the next couple years. Maybe Macon will replace it? 
    Yeah I believe Feger was one that showed up in 2011 without having an invite and ended up whining his way into the event. Then within the next year or two they took away the "invitation only".

I do agree with an earlier poster in that being sprint car world, if you didn't love the sprint cars and Knoxville Nationals already before going to see your first late model race there, it probably won't do much for you. Although, after already having going to several 410 sprint nationals before my 1st late model nationals, I thought it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Who is going to Knoxville with an actual chance to win that does not have a backup? What do other drivers have to do with it? As usual, a bunch of crap that makes zero sense spewing from your mouth.

PS, Bobby doesn't need anyone to make excuses for him just because you're too dense to understand his SIMPLE explanation.
    Then you bobby huggers should stop making up excuses for him lol! I know you can't so have at it . Gives me something to lolsdm about.

I can't imagine Pierce NOT being there unless there were problems. He said they had problems. 'Nuff said.

Just trying to recall,,, when is the last time Bobby was at the Knoxville Nationals?From what I seen at the World, would you even call that a "crash"? Maybe I missed it, but he basically stopped with not a lot of damage. Surprised me he even had it on his schedule.

Do they still do $1 beer night on Thursday’s?

Bobby was there last year, won on Friday night. They no longer do $1 beers.

Erb jr must be a looser too beacuse he wont be at k ville

If you gear the car correctly, you probably aren’t popping the motor. There’s that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Wuss he said it bent the clip so they have to tear the car down and take it to longhorn and have it clipped.

They don't have welders at Bob's shop. Thinking here, that frame is really bent and there going to get a new one. There choice, I do agree the knoxville race has lost what it started out to be. Leave it 100 laps, set up and strategies and 100 laps won't be a issue

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    Just trying to recall,,, when is the last time Bobby was at the Knoxville Nationals?From what I seen at the World, would you even call that a "crash"? Maybe I missed it, but he basically stopped with not a lot of damage. Surprised me he even had it on his schedule.
    So if you didn't see it on your big TV, it didn't happen? Wtf. Can't make this sht up.
    8/13/16

Although I agree it didn't look that bad but, if you actually seen the car then one would realize how bad the car really is. I mean do think they would be sending the car to Longhorn if it wasn't that bad.

Young Bobby sure got his moneys worth out of that car that he retired after the World 100 crash. 24 wins to its credit in part of 1 season ! ! The car paid for itself many times over ! !

I dont think gearing is a problem at Knoxville, the engine has to be to breathe a little. Being wide open the entire time isn't a good recipe on an engine, especially when the shaker caked with mud.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 09-13-2023 at 08:19 AM.

what race were you watching?? he plowed the wall hard full throttle into 3.... lol
    "The closer you are to the fence, the less it hurts when you hit it"-Jack Hewitt "

Quote Originally Posted by jensenracing1818 View Post
    what race were you watching?? he plowed the wall hard full throttle into 3.... lol
    He was watching on the telly and they didn't show it. In other words, it didn't happen.
    8/13/16