Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next Rocket1 Driver??

Theoretical question here.

If Huddy was to leave Rocket camp today, Who would you see the next driver being since the majority of rocket teams have jumped ship?

Understand your question, but, huddy isn't going anywhere for a long time. I'd like to see Josh get into a development car, that guy is a talented driver, maybe it would give him some incentives to get back out there.

I’d like to see bloomer be in the new black magic rocket house development program……clearly his cars have staying power….maybe a new series of cars for folks that don’t like to bend them as much? Why not? Rocket2.0
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Like others have said, Hudson is going to be there a while.

But to have fun with this question, theres not currently an experienced driver ready for that position that’s already running rockets except maybe Terbo. Lots of good regional shoes that could be really good but they lack the experience traveling to different tracks (Rice, Hawkins, Zeigler). I’ve always thought the Hawkins boys could have been national touring level guys if they wanted to be.

I guess if Hudson gave up the seat today, I’d say Gregg Satterlee would be a solid choice. National touring experience, always been a rocket guy. Close to rocket head quarters. It’s not a home run pick but a solid choice.

I'd bet the majority of Longhorn jumpers would sign up tomorrow to pilot the Rocket 1.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'd bet the majority of Longhorn jumpers would sign up tomorrow to pilot the Rocket 1.
    Don't even go there! This sort of factuality will send guys like racer ready into hysterics and start singing baba booey baba booey again, like in the past. Careful!

If you’re hiring the best driver, there’s Pierce and then there’s everybody else. He may not know a lot about how to set one up but as far as getting everything he can out of the car he’s pretty much in a league of his own

rocket1 is usually a young man's ride, hypothetically i would say trey mills in a couple years. he takes care of his stuff and has consistent speed

"If you’re hiring the best driver, there’s Pierce and then there’s everybody else. He may not know a lot about how to set one up but as far as getting everything he can out of the car he’s pretty much in a league of his own"

^You joking?

If Mark wanted his sht tore up every week, he'd put his kid back in the seat! Way better level headed drivers out there that could get it done better than dirty bobby.

Mark wants young and hungry, so somebody like Cody Overton probably.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bloomer? Not enough experience. LOL!

If I were Mark Richards, I would call Birky. All kiddin aside, I would think Huddy is going nowhere. The fit is obviously perfect there. Definitely was a special moment at the World. None involved with that weekend will ever forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    Theoretical question here.If Huddy was to leave Rocket camp today, Who would you see the next driver being since the majority of rocket teams have jumped ship?
    Shane Clanton.

Naw , Tanner English would be the best fit for Rocket 1.

Max Blair, been a rocket driver as far back to his dad's driving days. Equipment is right, he will have the car up front.

Max would be the perfect driver for that ride, I was kinda surprised they didn’t go with him to begin with. Him and his dad have been loyal rocket drivers and you will never see max drive anyone dirty or over his head. Handles himself in a professional manner on and off the track.

Hudson will be in his future father in laws team next year.

Todd " The Coondog " Cooney ! !

Well…. Guess we can revisit this post now, sooner than most thought.

I can't decide if this thread aged like wine or milk. Lol
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18