Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Uaw needs another smoke break

5 weeks pd vacation…17 pd holidays a year ( that’s just shy of 2 full months off))not quite good enough for americas builders of mediocrity on the roads……seems like the unions biggest bone of contention now is they want a 4 day work week, asking for another 52 days off a year and get paid more to do it.

And they wonder why? Can’t wait to see the lipstick SS puts on this pig.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The UAW is too stupid to realize that the manufacturers will just move the rest of their production to Mexico. All of them will just lose their jobs entirely.

Meanwhile, the Americans building Japanese, Korean and German cars at plants here in the states will still be gainfully employed, and consumer confidence in the supposed US brands will continue it's rapid decline.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Crappy products built by workers on the teet has lost all of its appeal……thanks UAW….. Enjoy your self imposed vacation and lose your map on how to get back.

BBQ sometimes, but maybe not in this case, the workers have changed to 4 ten hour days instead of 5 eights. That's how my hours were at an army base I worked at anyway.

But the raises this time seem pretty outrageous. And all of those man hours just for EV's sitting around unsold and unused.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The UAW is too stupid to realize that the manufacturers will just move the rest of their production to Mexico. All of them will just lose their jobs entirely.

Meanwhile, the Americans building Japanese, Korean and German cars at plants here in the states will still be gainfully employed, and consumer confidence in the supposed US brands will continue it's rapid decline.
    That will please congress and the president as the more they get shut down in America, the better for their agenda and bank accounts.

That it sure will, and upon checking, they want 40 hours pays for 32 hours of work, and an unbeleivable hourly increase to boot.

On top of people not buying or wanting EV's this looks like a disaster for the US as these insane moves seem sure to drive auto production clear out of the country.

The union has sought a wage increase of up to 40% (amounting to 46% compounded) over the length of the next four-year contracts, along with full pay for 32-hour workweeks, better retirement pensions and improved health care.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...ers-rcna103716

Bayco just wondering if the foriegn companies you mentioned are UAW? I don't believe they are.

So they will benefit from this strike it appears..
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-14-2023 at 03:49 PM.

BBQ, I would blame the crappy products they put out on the engineers. If it falls apart on the highway, then blame goes on the assembly line guys. I could be wrong, but I thought the days of the $35 assembly line worker was over. I thought I heard new hires make somewhere in mid $20 an hour wage. Still in the UAW.

I agree also gumby but the culture inside a union house is hardly efficient, effective or engaging…….these guys are now striking because they aren’t happy with the deal they made for themselves the last time they struck.

Did you know they actually have a “strike fund” built into their business models? They plan on striking regularly to get their way when they aren’t smart enough to get the deal they want to start with….get a look at what pay and incentives the leaders and their minion hierarchy rake off the top and call it a salary or employment package.

This lesson in extortion will play out soon enough…..most union suk and are an anchor to the business. The UAW is the goat in that race.

Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

All reasons to go find a job that pays fairly without making you pay just to clock in……thanks for supporting that with your cut and paste drive by.

I’m having a hard time seeing how labor is getting facked with the average being 5 weeks vacation a year, 17 pd holidays a year, above average insurance and pension benefits and most with any kind of tenure making well above the median salary.

Nope , just greed……and not so much by the workers but more by the folks at the top of the union spire.

Keep complaining about unions and I will keep reaping the benefits of a union job. I just past my 13 years of being retired. The wife and I are on our way to Chicagoland speedway to watch the world supercross race this weekend. We will be Camping in the infield this weekend. You have fun working while I'm enjoying my retirement.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

has any one noticed what these workers are doing now days , its not work , its standing / sitting around watching robots do the work , it want be to long before these so called union workers will be obsolete , you would think the union would not be so blind to this and and stop with all these outrageous demands , but as long as the big union bosses sitting in high rise office buildings calling the shots and drawing huge salaries of the backs of the union workers , I,m afraid nothing will change ...

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Keep complaining about unions and I will keep reaping the benefits of a union job. I just past my 13 years of being retired. The wife and I are on our way to Chicagoland speedway to watch the world supercross race this weekend. We will be Camping in the infield this weekend. You have fun working while I'm enjoying my retirement.
    you must have been one of those big union bosses I've spoke of as much as you brag , my uncle was a union man most of his working carrier , and in the end , the union screwed his retirement up , of course he was just a quarry worker for 30 years and probably not a big shot like you , congratulations SS , you done well .......

We’ve discussed this already. Even in pms. You enjoying your retirement because of how the unions facked the end user isn’t at question here.Fact being you worked all that, saw the much belabored flaws in the economics of that system,see with your own eyes how they now hold the nation hostage like spoiled kids at the Walmart toy aisle when they don’t get their way and still all you can do are drive by cut and pastes and talk about how you used said same facked system to your own personal advantage.

Great you get time with your kids….we went and played on the beach with ours in 50 mph winds ,sideways rain and giant waves,foamy beach a few weeks ago during our brush with hurricane whatever it was. Free fun is always the best fun…..but most unions suck for America bro, nobody should be able to operate a shakedown in plain site like most of them do…….I hope they get exactly what they want and the big 3 keep on making sheety overpriced cars forever.We will never run out of pack cars that way🤣

Remember, you're just a legal pick-pocket!!! As you and your buddies fleeced American citizens to the tune of pure greediness. hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    That will please congress and the president as the more they get shut down in America, the better for their agenda and bank accounts.

That it sure will, and upon checking, they want 40 hours pays for 32 hours of work, and an unbeleivable hourly increase to boot.

On top of people not buying or wanting EV's this looks like a disaster for the US as these insane moves seem sure to drive auto production clear out of the country.

The union has sought a wage increase of up to 40% (amounting to 46% compounded) over the length of the next four-year contracts, along with full pay for 32-hour workweeks, better retirement pensions and improved health care.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...ers-rcna103716

Bayco just wondering if the foriegn companies you mentioned are UAW? I don't believe they are.

So they will benefit from this strike it appears..

They are not. This why it says the UAW is going after Detroit.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

UAW going after DETROIT greed and corruption lol……sounds like cannibalism to me.

Biden and the Dems have inflicted an actual hidden tax upon the citizens that most people don't even realize. Increased prices on everything we buy makes people spend more dollars and that automatically creates more sales taxes and increases government tax income as a result.

Curious Burford, where can I find info on this tax that is imposed? I wouldn't doubt it, as we are taxed to the moon, but I'm wondering if there is info out there on this. Hopefully not from some left or right wing talking head news site.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...l-its-massive/

This one might explain this hidden tax a bit.

The HILL is a left leaning site, surprizingly.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 09-15-2023 at 03:19 PM.