Default Frequencies at Tracks

I used to listen to track chatter from officials and/or Announcers call the race.

I know one is a radio frequency with a two way radio and some of the Track announcers are on an am or pm frequency. Most tracks, where I’ve checked, I gave up, I can’t find the two-way radio frequency. Is there a frequency to find at say a Lucas Race?

So two questions

1) Does a Lucas race have a 2 way frequency?
    2) Do most tracks do a radio frequency Call of the race?

Any help is appreciated..

Never heard of an PM frequency. You mean FM I'm assuming?

In recent years most local law enforcement and other public services ( fire and rescue) and some businesses have switched to digital broadcasting which you have to have a digital scanner to receive vs the old analog scanners, and the digital radios are pretty expensive. Don't know if this is why you're not able to find what you're looking for but you can Google radio frequencies in your area. There are sites that give you the info you're looking for.

Several in GA still use FM, but the signal is much weaker than they used too be! In the next few weeks, at least Dega & Senoia had a FM stations recently.

Thank you gentlemen, very helpful.

Tracks will many times have a low output FM transmitter (less than 1 mile range) that they connect the the PA system. It is a track by track thing and the frequency varies to fit the area as the transmitter allows you to select the frequency.

Track and series officials generally utilize UHF two-way radios which have very wide band in the low to mid 400 mHz range. It is difficult to scan and grab these unless there is a significant amount of radio traffic occurring as the scanner would only stop on the frequency if someone was talking on it at the time it scanned. Sometimes the officials know the frequency they use and will share it. Others do not or will not. The default frequency that most use for RaceCeiver traffic is 454.0000 mHz

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Tracks will many times have a low output FM transmitter (less than 1 mile range) that they connect the the PA system. It is a track by track thing and the frequency varies to fit the area as the transmitter allows you to select the frequency.

Track and series officials generally utilize UHF two-way radios which have very wide band in the low to mid 400 mHz range. It is difficult to scan and grab these unless there is a significant amount of radio traffic occurring as the scanner would only stop on the frequency if someone was talking on it at the time it scanned. Sometimes the officials know the frequency they use and will share it. Others do not or will not. The default frequency that most use for RaceCeiver traffic is 454.0000 mHz

Makes sense, I just couldn’t figure out why I could pick up some and other times I couldn’t. The FM thing is pretty straight forward. I just didn’t know how to find the particular station or dial number to find the feed. I guess the best way would be just to call the track. Thank you