Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Cancer is often a slow death. When you go to your local track and they don't have late models anymore, that's blood in your stool.

You feel fine because you went to Eldora and they had 90 cars.
    5-10 years ago, we were still getting full fields of cars at all of the surrounding tracks in our area. Now we are lucky to get half of that when we run supers every two weeks. Prp used to average 25-30 cars just for a weekly race, even with atomic racing the same night and drawing 20 cars, and the track only being 40mins apart. They both do good to get 20 now on opposite weekends.

Id be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

The economy has something to do about lower car counts. Inflation has driven up the price of most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    The economy has something to do about lower car counts. Inflation has driven up the price of most everything.
    In the last 2 or 3 years sure. Dlm have far outpaced inflation and have been disappearing way faster. When was the last time a track in Georgia had weekly super late models?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

JD doesn't like the gumbo at knoxville. The surface is like no other, when the sprints cars run they create 2 grooves. 1 on the berm and 1 on the top, with them having 3 divisions of them and getting close to 90 cars weekly the track usually doesn't come around until feature time. 90 cars compared to 40, there's your difference why the track surface stays the way it is. That black dirt has proven it can beat the heck out of all challengers. I doubt JD was callin the facilities a dump, I think he was referring to the surface. Them boys like red clay, not black silt.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    JD doesn't like the gumbo at knoxville. The surface is like no other, when the sprints cars run they create 2 grooves. 1 on the berm and 1 on the top, with them having 3 divisions of them and getting close to 90 cars weekly the track usually doesn't come around until feature time. 90 cars compared to 40, there's your difference why the track surface stays the way it is. That black dirt has proven it can beat the heck out of all challengers. I doubt JD was callin the facilities a dump, I think he was referring to the surface. Them boys like red clay, not black silt.
    I agree and if you asked JD I'm sure he would clarify the facility itself is not a dump. He just doesn't like how the surface doesn't widen out during the night. Heck he might come back and win the darn thing tonight.

Default Three Words...

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    The Biden years.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I agree and if you asked JD I'm sure he would clarify the, facility itself is not a dump. He just doesn't like how the surface doesn't widen out during the night. Heck he might come back and win the darn thing tonight.
    Kid, jd is gonna tell you exactly what he first said lol. Why would he try to change that? Why's it so hard for you and a few other here to grasp actuality? Why r you so silly?

Get a grip dude! Thanks.......... . . .. ..... .

We all know Knoxville is not a dump. If fact it’s a premier track. JD screwed up and got in the wall coming off 4. He then finished it off in turn 1. To blame aero is BS. As far as I know he’s the only car with “aero” issues. I like sprint cars and LM equally. Knoxville is usually a 2 groove racetrack that produces great racing. JD is butt hurt by being slapped around by RHJ and Pierce this year. Aside from Eldora JD is ordinary. I was a fan. I’ll look elsewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Kid, jd is gonna tell you exactly what he first said lol. Why would he try to change that? Why's it so hard for you and a few other here to grasp actuality? Why r you so silly?

Get a grip dude! Thanks.......... . . .. ..... .
    I stand behind my past comments, thank you my friend....................................

^ so wouldn't jd...

You're welcome. Grin

"We all know Knoxville is not a dump. If fact it’s a premier track. JD screwed up and got in the wall coming off 4. He then finished it off in turn 1. To blame aero is BS. As far as I know he’s the only car with “aero” issues. I like sprint cars and LM equally. Knoxville is usually a 2 groove racetrack that produces great racing. JD is butt hurt by being slapped around by RHJ and Pierce this year. Aside from Eldora JD is ordinary. I was a fan. I’ll look elsewhere now."

This was so refreshing, I had to read it twice.

Well said!

I agree and if you asked JD I'm sure he would clarify the facility itself is not a dump. He just doesn't like how the surface doesn't widen out during the night. Heck he might come back and win the darn thing tonight.
    Not a chance of Davenport winning tonight as he is just an "average" driver. In fact, he is so average that there is only one driver more average than he. A few may have heard of him.

ALL TIME LUCAS OIL LATE MODELS SERIES WINS

Driver Wins Starts %
    Scott Bloomquist 94 502 18.7%
    Jonathan Davenport 68 408 16.7%
    Don O'Neal 46 525 8.8%
    Earl Pearson, Jr. 40 724 5.5%
    Tim McCreadie 34 402 8.5%
    Josh Richards 33 327 10.1%
    Brandon Sheppard 28 270 10.4%
    Billy Moyer 24 215 11.2%
    Tyler Erb 19 223 8.5%
    Hudson O'Neal 18 264 6.8%
    Chris Madden 17 118 14.4%
    Brian Birkhofer 17 131 13.o%
    Steve Francis 14 348 4.o%
    Bobby Pierce 12 174 6.9%
    Shannon Babb 12 178 6.7%
    Ray Cook 10 184 5.4%

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Nobody likes red clay. It’s pretty to look at, but doesn’t make for a great racing surface.

Those are cool stats,some of those names surprise me.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Not a chance of Davenport winning tonight as he is just an "average" driver. In fact, he is so average that there is only one driver more average than he. A few may have heard of him.

ALL TIME LUCAS OIL LATE MODELS SERIES WINS

Driver Wins Starts %
    Scott Bloomquist 94 502 18.7%
    Jonathan Davenport 68 408 16.7%
    Don O'Neal 46 525 8.8%
    Earl Pearson, Jr. 40 724 5.5%
    Tim McCreadie 34 402 8.5%
    Josh Richards 33 327 10.1%
    Brandon Sheppard 28 270 10.4%
    Billy Moyer 24 215 11.2%
    Tyler Erb 19 223 8.5%
    Hudson O'Neal 18 264 6.8%
    Chris Madden 17 118 14.4%
    Brian Birkhofer 17 131 13.o%
    Steve Francis 14 348 4.o%
    Bobby Pierce 12 174 6.9%
    Shannon Babb 12 178 6.7%
    Ray Cook 10 184 5.4%
    Yep just an average Joe riding around hoping for a victory lol

Smile

Yep just an average Joe riding around hoping for a victory lol
    He will be back in the winners circle before ya know it !

There also weren't 4 or 5 classes of late models 15 or 20 years ago. If we took away all of the crate classes in the country I'd bet car counts would stabilize some at weekly shows. Maybe not everywhere, but it would definitely boost the numbers overall.
    No one brings up the weak economy when Boone, Iowa gets over 1,000 cars for the Supernationals. They are even planning to build a clone track to accommodate all of the fans and cars. There are record crowds all over for regional and national shows. Nary a word about the weak economy then. It's only mentioned when it's convenient. Maybe weekly shows are suffering because a lot of weekly shows stink.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Not a chance of Davenport winning tonight as he is just an "average" driver.
    You too acknowledge that fact, good for you! He ain't nutten without them gadgets, ain't he? L

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    He will be back in the winners circle before ya know it !
    Yes he will. Just might be tonight but, I will say he has an uphill battle with RTJ starting on the pole but, If I've learned anything over the years I've learned anything is possible and as long as you're in the big show. If I was to place a bet it would have to be Rtj sweeps the weekend and parks it in P-1

Smile

Yes he will. Just might be tonight but, I will say he has an uphill battle with RTJ starting on the pole but, If I've learned anything over the years I've learned anything is possible and as long as you're in the big show. If I was to place a bet it would have to be Rtj sweeps the weekend and parks it in P-1
    I think that anyone in a Longhorn is going to be a force to reckon with tonight . That youngi'n Bobby Pierce made life easy for the others by taking a rest from victory lane by staying home ! !