Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Not a chance of Davenport winning tonight as he is just an "average" driver. In fact, he is so average that there is only one driver more average than he. A few may have heard of him.

ALL TIME LUCAS OIL LATE MODELS SERIES WINS

Driver Wins Starts %
    Scott Bloomquist 94 502 18.7%
    Jonathan Davenport 68 408 16.7%
    Don O'Neal 46 525 8.8%
    Earl Pearson, Jr. 40 724 5.5%
    Tim McCreadie 34 402 8.5%
    Josh Richards 33 327 10.1%
    Brandon Sheppard 28 270 10.4%
    Billy Moyer 24 215 11.2%
    Tyler Erb 19 223 8.5%
    Hudson O'Neal 18 264 6.8%
    Chris Madden 17 118 14.4%
    Brian Birkhofer 17 131 13.o%
    Steve Francis 14 348 4.o%
    Bobby Pierce 12 174 6.9%
    Shannon Babb 12 178 6.7%
    Ray Cook 10 184 5.4%
    Where is RTJ in all this? Doesn't he have record # of Lucas wins in a season this yr or did I hear wrong?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    There also weren't 4 or 5 classes of late models 15 or 20 years ago. If we took away all of the crate classes in the country I'd bet car counts would stabilize some at weekly shows. Maybe not everywhere, but it would definitely boost the numbers overall.
    No one brings up the weak economy when Boone, Iowa gets over 1,000 cars for the Supernationals. They are even planning to build a clone track to accommodate all of the fans and cars. There are record crowds all over for regional and national shows. Nary a word about the weak economy then. It's only mentioned when it's convenient. Maybe weekly shows are suffering because a lot of weekly shows stink.
    if you took away all of the crate classes, they mostly would move to mods or sport mods or out altogether. lates are pricing them selfs out of business. what weekly shows??? most tracks have dropped lates because they couldn't even get enough to make a good heat, let alone feature. who will your national tours race against in a few years when there are no local cars that will show up??

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Kid, jd is gonna tell you exactly what he first said lol. Why would he try to change that? Why's it so hard for you and a few other here to grasp actuality? Why r you so silly?

Get a grip dude! Thanks.......... . . .. ..... .
    Well it sounds like JD told Sauve the facility was awesome. Kind of what I thought he would say about the place. He's seen his fair share of not so good facilities and Knoxville isn't one of them. I think I grasped a little actuality wouldn't you lol............................................... ........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I think that anyone in a Longhorn is going to be a force to reckon with tonight . That youngi'n Bobby Pierce made life easy for the others by taking a rest from victory lane by staying home ! !
    He sure did lol, RTJ and his team are really good right now so, it would have been great to see Bobby there as well. I'm going to be really curious as to how Bobby's car responds after having a new front clip on it

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    if you took away all of the crate classes, they mostly would move to mods or sport mods or out altogether. lates are pricing them selfs out of business. what weekly shows??? most tracks have dropped lates because they couldn't even get enough to make a good heat, let alone feature. who will your national tours race against in a few years when there are no local cars that will show up??
    I agree. Those racers would absolutely not return to super late model.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'd say there are at least a couple hundred crate late models between Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Alabama. If crates went away some of those cars would absolutely turn into supers. I'm not saying 75% or even 50%, but they wouldn't all drop a class or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Well it sounds like JD told Sauve the facility was awesome. Kind of what I thought he would say about the place. He's seen his fair share of not so good facilities and Knoxville isn't one of them. I think I grasped a little actuality wouldn't you lol............................................... ........................................
    You need my stamp of approval, don't ya?

How sweet. Smile

someone believed the double boone story! lol

other than that..everyone keeps blaming the tracks for the racing..we currently have race cars that can't actually race each other unless they go to small tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    ... When was the last time a track in Georgia had weekly super late models?
    I want to say 5 years and I think it was Toccoa being the last hold out... Wait Dixie/Rome still do, but they took last year off for Martha's cancer and passing. Besides them I don't know of any others left in the state. Lauren's was the last weekly Super track I knew of in SC and they quit about the same time as Toccoa. Its difficult to watch something I've loved and been a part of so long, be courting death like a drug addict denying the whole way they have an issue tha'ts killing them. I'm just waiting on that call in the middle of the night to tell me its over...
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    other than that..everyone keeps blaming the tracks for the racing..we currently have race cars that can't actually race each other unless they go to small tracks.
    This…

Big tracks have died because of the cars. But everyone wants to blame the tracks even the drivers who know the cars have an aero problem.

someone believed the double boone story! lol
    https://www.speedsport.com/dirt-late...dways-in-2024/

I didn't know Speed Sport was a satire site.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    https://www.speedsport.com/dirt-late...dways-in-2024/ I didn't know Speed Sport was a satire site.
    the end of the article lets the cat out of the bag

the end of the article lets the cat out of the bag
    You are right.
    That seems a little irresponsible. It also sounds a little ambiguous.