Thread: Brownstown

Default Brownstown

After a yawner at Knoxville tonight I was glad I flipped over to the MARS show at Brownstown when Knoxville was over. Tanner English led almost the whole thing but for Dennis Erb winning a few laps before getting shuffled back to 4th near the end. Tanner had to work for it with Jason Feger all over him and a hard charging Ryan Unziker closing. Good 50 lapper with, as the announcer kept telling us over and over, $10K to win.

Good run for the Kentucky boy against all the Illinois homers, except for no Bobby. Attaboy Tanner.

But, did anyone notice the good racing ? Oh knoxville, knoxville, yep another big track that the racing is sub par at best. Keep having the aero dependent cars on those big half tracks, especially one that has the surface that knoxville has. They should have brought 1 division of sprint cars in. At least then maybe the track would have been racable thru the middle, and some fans may have come.

Great run for Tanner. And did it on the top to middle. Got some work to do now but worth it. What a race.
    8/13/16

I've always said you don't need 100 cars or the top teams in the country to have a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Great run for Tanner. And did it on the top to middle. Got some work to do now but worth it. What a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I've always said you don't need 100 cars or the top teams in the country to have a good race.
    Well, hell! You two boys sound as if you do have some dam sense about yourself 's after all!

Good jod! Smile

I think it was the first time I went to the Knoxville LM show in the mid 2000s that they had the 305 sprint cars as a 2nd class. Couldn't figure out why for a while since the stocker crowd couldn't have care less for the slow and boring 305s. They didn't have the power to get sideways. Then figured out that they were there to iron out the track for the Late Models. Did a good job while the fans hit the hot dog stand, beer booth and/or head.

Favorite trip back there was the year Moyer kicked azz every night. Tough to watch the G.O.A.T. struggle in semis these days but he's got nothing to prove and hope he's still having fun. Tim McCreadie sure wasn't but he's too good not to recover from his current woes.

Good night. Great racing. When will they run the other 49 laps?
    Brownstown 100 🤔
    8/13/16

50 for the LMS, 50 for the mods

I did the same thing. Switched over to the MARS race after Knoxville was in the books and it was a fun race to watch. Two tabs will be open tonight as well.

The MARS series had 35 cars vs the 40 at Knoxville. Normally guys like Erb, Feger, and Babb would have been at Knoxville along with maybe a few others trying their hand at it. Not so much anymore.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.