Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've never seen anyone on the back stretch and I've seen a few sprint races there.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    20rt wins
    2. 157
    3. 1
    4. 49
    5. 4
    6. 18
    7. 8s
    8. 99
    9. 39 from 26th, was 7th on last restart
    Dam good run for Timmy! Wonder what they changed after the preliminaries to run so good in that "A".

The spectators have to sit high in the stands to see over the hauler. Makes them hard to see on the feed. Saw one person say around 3000 spectators. But it's also Sprint car central. They just don't care for SLM there.

The place is huge, the suites looked pretty full and looked like a great time being had in those things.

Love to see them do a show like they do at Charlotte and have both classes one weekend? Would give the sprint fans a chance to see good late model racing and the late model fans a chance to see the good sprint car stuff?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Front stretch seating capacity almost 13,000. Back stretch about 7,400. There are 33 VIP Suites. Total including suites about 20,300. Looks empty at times but there are more people there than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Yeah, well we seen you on the tv and you can say what you want. That was the smallest crowd I have ever seen for a crown jewel event. Aerial shot during feature showed 1/4 full stands.
    I guess most were all in the restrooms.
    I think you need to schedule an optometrist appointment soon or upgrade your 17 inch tv, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    I think you need to schedule an optometrist appointment soon or upgrade your 17 inch tv, lol....
    A gynecologist would serve well too for hh, sense we're scheduling appointments. Grin

Maybe I forgot to capitalize . . . SKIMPY, SKIMPY, and more SKIMPY! Maybe 10% of seating capacity for $50,000?

Been to the last 12 Knoxville LM Nats. Felt like attendance on Saturday was down a little from the past. Still a really nice crowd and the feature Sat. night was excellent. RTJ and Marlar duking it out in heavy traffic was a fantastic battle.
    Last edited by drich24; 09-17-2023 at 11:33 PM.

That's not the point. Fans go to Charlotte to see drivers race for $12,000 each night and attendance is 20,000+. They go to Knoxville to see drivers race for $7,000/$7,000/$50,000 and it draws 3,000? I know it's the mecca of sprint car racing but that's ridiculous. Speaking of Charlotte though, when the sprint cars are first on the program, their fans get up, in mass, when it's over and leave the track. Apparently, they don't know what they are missing with the SLMs. However, when the SLMs are first on the program, their fans don't leave but stay to watch the sprints. Always seemed to be a very narrow focus.

What is your point? Trying to compare a late model only race with a race with the top three dirt divisions at one track, what do you expect? Add in there is a much larger population base surrounding Charlotte than Knoxville, of course you’re going to have more fans at Charlotte.

Not sure where you are getting 3000 fans, do you have some insight into the attendance or the gate receipts for Knoxville? As far as the racing goes, it has been consistently very good each year and the series, track, fans, and drivers all seem to be perfectly satisfied.

Charlotte was overflowing when they had The Colossal which, by the way, I hear will be reinstated.

I saw what everyone else saw and the attendance was poor, in my opinion, for a high dollar race.

Last year I went to the Knoxville Nationals Sprint Car Race. When I got there, all the grandstand seats were sold out. I had to get a pit pass to see the race and watch the race from the infield. Knoxville is Sprint Car Country.

thats like comparing a brickyard nascar race crowd to indy 500 crowd. its not gonna be the same and the massive stands will make it look smaller everytime

This conversation comes up every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Front stretch seating capacity almost 13,000. Back stretch about 7,400. There are 33 VIP Suites. Total including suites about 20,300. Looks empty at times but there are more people there than you think.
    Math is not your strong suit I see.

Ok next time I'll include the change as if it makes a rats a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    thats like comparing a brickyard nascar race crowd to indy 500 crowd. its not gonna be the same and the massive stands will make it look smaller everytime
    Pretty good comparison for this situation. The visual is an eye sore that gets shown on TV but they must be attracting enough butts every year to keep bringing it back or someone somewhere has enough money that they don't care to piss away some.

Has anybody thought that maybe starting this event 5 days after the World 100 ends keeps a lot of the traveling late model crowd away? Unless you are retired, most people have limited vacation, and taking 2-3 days off work back-to-back weeks is tough for most. And the World will always get the nod if you had to choose, unless you just lived so much closer to Knoxville.

If definitely keeps some CARS away....
    Last edited by zach51; 09-18-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Has anybody thought that maybe starting this event 5 days after the World 100 ends keeps a lot of the traveling late model crowd away? Unless you are retired, most people have limited vacation, and taking 2-3 days off work back-to-back weeks is tough for most. And the World will always get the nod if you had to choose, unless you just lived so much closer to Knoxville.

If definitely keeps some CARS away....
    Yes and yes.
    8/13/16