Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RTJ: The Journey

Before he starts getting a lot of negative crowd reaction for winning so much, i hope fans take a chance to appreciate the roads travelled it took to get this guy where he is at today. Reminds me more of days gone by when talent, not money or name, provided opportunities.

I know he has had countless people that have helped him along the way. Some of them providing just enough to get him down the road to the next event. But he has had the dream and the drive to make it work. And done it, with family now along for the ride.

Congrats. And I hope he remains the person I met in the race shop just up the road from where i grew up.

JMO
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Amen! He is a wheelman, regardless of what he drives.

Nobody can argue what he has accomplished, just admiration for those accomplishments!

His car has just been too dam fast to be on the up and up. He's not that great of a driver really, it's his car, he must be doing something. Bloomers told me so! And when bloomers speaks, people listen. Smile

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    His car has just been too dam fast to be on the up and up. He's not that great of a driver really, it's his car, he must be doing something. Bloomers told me so! And when bloomers speaks, people listen. Smile
    If'n that there Bloomer Guy told you that the Earth was flat, you would believe him ?

IF you honestly believe that "He's not that great of a driver really", then that tells me you know absolutely nothing about Ricky Thornton Jr.

Whatever class he runs in (modifieds, stock cars, late models, etc) he wins in. A prime example, is a few years ago he jumped in Todd Cooney's car during the late model portion of the IMCA Super Nationals and dominated the race against a strong field of cars (Cooney usually ran mid-pack at best in the car).
    Last edited by fryefan; 09-19-2023 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    IF you honestly believe that "He's not that great of a driver really", then that tells me you know absolutely nothing about Ricky Thornton Jr.
    Actually he knows a lot about nothing.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

All the postive posts and comments do nothing compared to when the GOAT says in an Interview that your not that good of a Driver. If he is worth his salt, he will use that and go on and set the world on fire.

IMHO Bloomquist did him a favor. The love and light numbnuts nowadays are like a cancer, its ok to be medioacre, or long as your having fun blahsa BS. Nah, Bloomquist just called you out, now what are you gonna do?

Personnally i like the guy, and think & hope he is going to do well, but hopefully the fire got stoked a little more.

Just say no...

^^^ Bravo, Amen... The truth, has been written!

Give that man a Crown Royal and a bratwurst!

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Honestly, you're just not on the same level as some, buddy. You're down there looking up, and that's ok... Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    If he is worth his salt, he will use that and go on and set the world on fire..
    Ummm.. he is, to the point of breaking one of Scotts records (which was the reason for the stupid comments) That is Scott, always has been the guy who couldn't give a compliment.

He started in the back at the Flo race at Senioa last November and won by like 12 seconds. Whatever they’re running setup wise originated in that race. I agree he’s a good racecar driver but c’mon folks this guy won a WoO race and a Lucas Race his first year with SSI in 2020, it’s not like he just “figured out how to drive a late model”. I’m not saying it’s cheating cause it’s not, but to sit there and act like he’s just better then the rest of them, or works harder is really just ignorant. I’m a fan of the guy, but use some common sense

Drop Shock brings the logic!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Post of the year Drop.

There's too much talent out there for anyone to be winning at the rate he's winning on talent alone. They've figured something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Post of the year Drop.

There's too much talent out there for anyone to be winning at the rate he's winning on talent alone. They've figured something out.
    Of course they have, but to think just anyone could strap in that car and be as successful would be foolish.

"use common sense" ?

Well forget that when there's so much " I'm a late model guru know it all" amongst us. Lol

Bloomer spoke, listen. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Of course they have, but to think just anyone could strap in that car and be as successful would be foolish.
    Of course not, but a majority of the tour guys could.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

"use common sense" ? Well forget that when there's so much " I'm a late model guru know it all" amongst us. LolBloomer spoke, listen. It's not that hard.
    If GOD [I meant Scott] said it, I believe it, and that settles that for me ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 09-20-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    But nobody is saying that. But if you don't think (Overton, JD, Madden, TMac, Owens, Sheppard, Marlar, Hudson, Pierce, etc), wouldn't do the same thing with the same setup, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    GOD [I meant Scott] said it, I believe it, and that settles that for me ! !
    All right, we all know Scott is not God. Get over your jealousy son. Laugh out louder lol