Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    IF you honestly believe that "He's not that great of a driver really", then that tells me you know absolutely nothing about Ricky Thornton Jr.

Whatever class he runs in (modifieds, stock cars, late models, etc) he wins in. A prime example, is a few years ago he jumped in Todd Cooney's car during the late model portion of the IMCA Super Nationals and dominated the race against a strong field of cars (Cooney usually ran mid-pack at best in the car).
    Not totally disagreeing with you but Cooney himself has won the late model portion of the IMCA supernationals 3 times.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Not totally disagreeing with you but Cooney himself has won the late model portion of the IMCA supernationals 3 times.
    The old " COONDOG " got er done !!

There's 1 thing RT does that makes him 1 or 2 tenths faster than the rest. He drives deeper into the corners. Pierce and Hudson drive that way as well.
    I think it's about being young and fearless.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    There's 1 thing RT does that makes him 1 or 2 tenths faster than the rest. He drives deeper into the corners. Pierce and Hudson drive that way as well.
    I think it's about being young and fearless.
    The car has to stick when you drive in the corner 2 or 3 car lengths deeper. All three are great drivers, but do you really not think everyone they’re racing against would drive that hard if their car would let them? Lol

^ I like the part where he says "do you really not think". That was a good'n! Lol

So does the same apply for Scott when he won all those races that year to set the single season record for victories? Does he feel the same way when Owens and Davenport was consistently whooping everyone during their dream seasons??

Could be a wrong read, but when I listened to Scott, I got the feeling he “knows” what it takes to have these kinds of seasons and sort of insinuated it’s not on the up’n up….
    Besides talent and a solid crew chief, I would say they ALL had something figured out, along with things (luck) going their way, just as RTJ has this year.

RTJ spent many a miles looking out the windshield going down the road to the next track before regularly competing in SLM’s.

Pierce gets bashed alot for his driving. I wonder if it was because the Pierce car was a handful to drive? He has had very little run ins this years and appears to be able to put his car wherever it needs to be. Now hes winning and people start talking cheating. Could it be that guys like Thorton and Pierce have just found a car that fits their driving style better? Doesnt mean theyre cheating. Hard to cheat with the cars teched so much. Just my opinion.

Bloomquist, in 2015, said Davenport beating him was like getting beat by your wife on Gatlinburg go karts. He just had the better kart. A mechanical advantage does not have to be illegal or "not on the up and up". There are still places to improve the cars enough to have a season such as this.

That said, no, he isn't whipping everyone with the same car Overton is driving.

There's also the fact that Bloomquist has never given a competitor any real credit or accolades.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-21-2023 at 09:56 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    Pierce gets bashed alot for his driving. I wonder if it was because the Pierce car was a handful to drive? He has had very little run ins this years and appears to be able to put his car wherever it needs to be. Now hes winning and people start talking cheating. Could it be that guys like Thorton and Pierce have just found a car that fits their driving style better? Doesnt mean theyre cheating. Hard to cheat with the cars teched so much. Just my opinion.
    It's easy to cheat the cars. Heck, they are all illegal by the rules. It just depends if you are cheating where they tend to look or not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_kid View Post
    That young'n of big Bob Pierce is just 1 ace of a wheelman. For cripes sake, he even was even able to win races in a rocket ! !