Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^post 20^^
    Speaking g of Bristol: no dirt on it next year-2024.

I have to say I'm not in favor of this event collaboration. Eldora is Eldora, they have the Dream and they have the World. The DTWC started out at Pennsboro, which was a different beast entirely, I understand that the track is gone for all intensive purposes and the race lived on, which is cool. But I feel like it cheapens both to bring them together. With the demise of Pennsboro having the DTWC move around was kinda cool, an actual "Outlaw" race with no home, it made it more unique. Having "another" race at Eldora just seems like one drink too many. Variety is the spice of life they say, but these days variety, creativity and individuality is looked at as weird, I guess its the push to move us closer to a communistic way of thinking. I mean I don't do my wife in the same position everytime, or even the same room for that matter. Bringing the DTWC to Eldora is like Missionary on the left side of the bed at 9pm on friday every single time. Sure it feels good, but dang havent we been here before? JMO
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I have to say I'm not in favor of this event collaboration. Eldora is Eldora, they have the Dream and they have the World. The DTWC started out at Pennsboro, which was a different beast entirely, I understand that the track is gone for all intensive purposes and the race lived on, which is cool. But I feel like it cheapens both to bring them together. With the demise of Pennsboro having the DTWC move around was kinda cool, an actual "Outlaw" race with no home, it made it more unique. Having "another" race at Eldora just seems like one drink too many. Variety is the spice of life they say, but these days variety, creativity and individuality is looked at as weird, I guess its the push to move us closer to a communistic way of thinking. I mean I don't do my wife in the same position everytime, or even the same room for that matter. Bringing the DTWC to Eldora is like Missionary on the left side of the bed at 9pm on friday every single time. Sure it feels good, but dang havent we been here before? JMO

I've heard for the last couple years that Tony is trying to get the DLMHoF moved to eldora. Which honestly, I don't think would be a bad idea. Knoxville has the sprint car HoF, and the late model HoF continues to outgrow the building it's in year after year. He has offered to build the building and all was the rumor. The auction and donations are not going to pay for the building they want to build anytime soon. Drivers have figured out they can turn a profit on selling body panels for themselves.

I'm not a fan of the dtwc being there, for reasons states above. I wish they would give atomic another chance. For the people that haven't been there, its different to say the least.

I haven’t been to atomic in a while, but from what I see online it’s either rubbered or rough this year

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post

Lmao, you’re right.

It’s going to be interesting the first year at Eldora. I’m not sure what to expect when I get there but I do believe the world and dream are enough.

There’s not many tracks capable of holding the DTWC if you want the racing to be good too.

options I guess are

Lernerville, Port Royal, Atomic.

From what I am being told by people who work at Eldora that this crowd is more than what Pennsboro had and it will be a win win and it has 2 times the cars wanting to show than what they had at Portsmouth. Thus if they get 15,000 people and around 260 cars for the weekend its a win. But what I was told Eldora is expecting around 350 to 400 cars to come in.

You’ve heard it boys. Carcountman says 400 cars…

25 cars who have any chance to get in the top 5 and 375 others. Makes sense.

Never said 400 was told by guys that work at Eldora that they have had talks with the DTWC Race Promoter and he said they have alot of calls and are expecting 100 Super Lates 90 to 100 Steel Blocks 110 to 130 modifieds and around 50 stock cars.

250 total car count tops.
    50 SLM
    50 Crates
    100 Mods
    50 Stocks