Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lets not bash Mitch. He's got a proven track record as a top promoter. He has plenty of big races, provides great racing, and doesn't hold people hostage at the track all night. He's tried harder than anyone to keep weekly racing alive. Free grandstands, $25 armbands, specials for every class. I will say that I was pretty shocked to see this event cancelled though.

If we're going to waste bandwidth on this stupid thread, let's at least get some good gossip going:

Maybe the timing of it is simply coincidental but it's a little interesting that it came a couple days after XR rescheduled thier Workin Man race at Bull Gap to the night before 411.

Hypothetical: In a world where every customer is more important to the success of an event than ever...If I were in his shoes and someone tried to leech off my event, undoubtedly taking a chunk of paying customers away, I might just say screw it.

Was the Hurricane after his decision? Maybe the weather gave him a financial scare. Raining to the east of the track right now. Maybe a hundred miles away or so.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtTrackin52 View Post
    Lets not bash Mitch. He's got a proven track record as a top promoter. He has plenty of big races, provides great racing, and doesn't hold people hostage at the track all night. He's tried harder than anyone to keep weekly racing alive. Free grandstands, $25 armbands, specials for every class. I will say that I was pretty shocked to see this event cancelled though. If we're going to waste bandwidth on this stupid thread, let's at least get some good gossip going: Maybe the timing of it is simply coincidental but it's a little interesting that it came a couple days after XR rescheduled thier Workin Man race at Bull Gap to the night before 411. Hypothetical: In a world where every customer is more important to the success of an event than ever...If I were in his shoes and someone tried to leech off my event, undoubtedly taking a chunk of paying customers away, I might just say screw it.
    If this is accurate it sounds logical and understandable. People are stretched thin so dumping two big shows in the same area back to back would be risky and add in the hurricane iffyness mentioned and I get it. Hopefully next year things will be better, if the economy can pull off a soft landing...(fingers crossed)
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

The race in question is the Flo/Castrol race on Oct. 10. I don't know where people are getting the idea this may have had something to do with a hurricane.