Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Point fund comparison

Champion $150K, 2nd $75K, 3rd $50K

Champion $200K, 2nd $150K, 3rd $125K, 4th $100K

That's why drivers/teams signed up for the format....Better money overall.

Tire guy, you are right on the mark!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Tire guy, you are right on the mark!!!
    These guys have a stable of $100,000 race cars and half million dollar haulers...... these point funds are laughable in comparison.

They also have sponsors.

They also have sponsors.
    And or family money and or sugar daddy
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

My take:
    Lucas Oul/Bid River Steel and all the other series sponsors have boosted the points money considerably. Trying to make the season finally at the DTWC more interesting to the fans and teams alike. As I said in a previous post “ A race within a race.”
    All 14 teams/drivers who have perfect attendance this year (as of now) knew the format since racing started at Golden Isles and they have chosen to follow the tour all season leading up to the DTWC.

I doubt that any of the complainers on this forum has invested a dime on the points fund or even sponsorship for one of these 14 teams.
    Yes RTJ has had a dominant year- hopefully he can capture the points title as well to top it off. If not- he’s still had a great year and he knew the format from the start!
    So is it really criminal to try and enhance the excitement of the final race and the DTWC?
    My opio ion is no- but I respect everyone’s opio ion as well.

Yes, artificial excitement is criminal. It doesn't matter if you bought it. It still distorts the history of the sport.

This thinking is exactly why the rulebook is so screwed up. It has been revised the last 8 years based on commercial availability. (Everything is for sale)

If a nose or roof is available, it's legal.

Rumley device wasn't for sale, so it wasn't allowed to remain legal.

Air shocks are legal because a chassis manufacturer had hundreds of thousands of dollars of inventory on the shelf.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-27-2023 at 09:48 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Every sport has playoffs. The best team doesn't always win. We are in that era. I am old but not set in my ways. I have no problem with making things more entertaining for the fans. What on earth is wrong with that?

History being messed up? History is always messed up then. Four drivers going for the prize is added entertainment.

Every sport has playoffs. The best team doesn't always win. We are in that era. I am old but not set in my ways. I have no problem with making things more entertaining for the fans. What on earth is wrong with that?

History being messed up? History is always messed up then. Four drivers going for the prize is added entertainment.
    What's wrong with that??? Taking away what Ricky has earned (points) and giving them to others so they can all be even with only one race to settle the championship is liberal BS. The others want to be closer in points? EARN IT!!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    What's wrong with that??? Taking away what Ricky has earned (points) and giving them to others so they can all be even with only one race to settle the championship is liberal BS. The others want to be closer in points? EARN IT!!!
    This sounds like a step closer to the WOKE era ! ! Hope it works out better for Lucas than it did for Butt Lite ! !

Denny Hamlin spoke to this very thing on his podcast for Nascar's playoffs. When it comes down to 1 track, the drivers who excel at that track are usually going to win. His solution, and I think a fair middle ground, if you just HAVE to have a playoff is to have it be a round just like the others. Make it 3 races. They want to compare it to other sports. Well you don't play 7 games in the playoffs and 1 in the World Series. You don't play 1 Superbowl and 3 games in the Conference Championship. The format essentially stays the same in the playoffs for all sports (and I know some have a different best of formula depending on the round). Why not have 2 seasons. Run half the races, and award a champion in that half, then reset and run a second season. Crown another champ. Then if you want, have the DTWC where you take the top 2 or 3 from each season, (more if you have the same guys in the top in both) and let those guys run a winner take all super championship type deal.

What was ever wrong with the accumulation of points over the entire season? Has always seemed that driver should be the champion, regardless of the car type or the racing surface.

If the champ was decided on one race, it should be at a track that none of them have ever turned a lap on. Some track that is a modified or sprint track that doesn’t ever have late model specials. That way nobody has any advantage.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    What was ever wrong with the accumulation of points over the entire season? Has always seemed that driver should be the champion, regardless of the car type or the racing surface.
    What was wrong is, as one poster stated, it didn't include liberal bullsht.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    What was wrong is, as one poster stated, it didn't include liberal bullsht.
    As usual, You are CORRECT as CORRECT can be ! !

The others want to be closer in points? EARN IT!!!
    That's the answer

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    That's the answer
    There it is PURE and SIMPLE ! !

Pure is the driven snow... .

That first lap slider from a few car lengths back last night was criminal too

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    We don’t agree on much but I’m 100% on board with you here.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

While the playoff deal sucks, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with politics.