Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's criminal

Neither does being liberal or not…..that’s learned long before politics come into the equation.

I hate the idea this year because rtj has been so dominant but to be fair had it not been a points runaway deal it would have made it more palatable for the traditionalists and old timers like myself.
    The race will be very cool, I hope it plays out like everyone wants…..promoters,fans,racers and teams.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Lets hope that somehow, some way that Ricky doesn't get corned out of the Championship. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Lets hope that somehow, some way that Ricky doesn't get corned out of the Championship. . .
    I'm with you on this. Well deserved to be champ this yr.

Another problem with racing playoffs is that it is nothing like the playoffs that they want to say they are trying to be like. Traditionally in sports, playoffs come from DIFFERENT divisions, leagues, etc. With baseball, up until interleague play you had teams play in the world series who'd never faced each other. The idea was taking the best teams from 2 different sides of the sport and playing down in an elimination format until you had the 2 'best' and they played each other to determine the overall best. In racing, they just take the same guys who've competed in the exact same events all year, and re-ordered them, and handicapped them in different ways, and said, go out and do the same thing now, the same way you've done all year, but this time, we tilt the playing field how we want, and the guy who wins, we're going to call you the champion.

This does not have anything to do with politics. Correct!!

I would be for expanding the playoffs or letting the leader in season long points win it. Or let leaders in points have more favorable position in a playoffs. My point of view is what the Series decides and drivers accept should be acceptable to fans. Once again it is a SHOW

As far as Woke or liberal on this matter, it is nothing but a fall back position when you can make a point. it is stupid, frankly. Anyone that follows my posting on here knows I am about as conservative as it gets when it come to political things. It has nothing to do with this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    Another problem with racing playoffs is that it is nothing like the playoffs that they want to say they are trying to be like. Traditionally in sports, playoffs come from DIFFERENT divisions, leagues, etc. With baseball, up until interleague play you had teams play in the world series who'd never faced each other. The idea was taking the best teams from 2 different sides of the sport and playing down in an elimination format until you had the 2 'best' and they played each other to determine the overall best. In racing, they just take the same guys who've competed in the exact same events all year, and re-ordered them, and handicapped them in different ways, and said, go out and do the same thing now, the same way you've done all year, but this time, we tilt the playing field how we want, and the guy who wins, we're going to call you the champion.
    You make an excellent post on the matter.

If you want a real national champion why doesnt woo and lucas crown their regional champions and then have a 7 race playoff with the top 10 in each series points. That would be a REAL national champion.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    This does not have anything to do with politics. Correct!!

I would be for expanding the playoffs or letting the leader in season long points win it. Or let leaders in points have more favorable position in a playoffs. My point of view is what the Series decides and drivers accept should be acceptable to fans. Once again it is a SHOW

As far as Woke or liberal on this matter, it is nothing but a fall back position when you can make a point. it is stupid, frankly. Anyone that follows my posting on here knows I am about as conservative as it gets when it come to political things. It has nothing to do with this situation.
    Like you said, this is about a SHOW. It's not politics, and unfortunately, due to whatever reason, it's not about competition anymore either. It's just like NASCAR's stages, and SRX's 'fun flag'. The promoters don't care how much you spend on innovation and hiring the best people, or best drivers, they want a show. I'd say in another 10 years, NASCAR will have a mandatory caution with 10 laps to go, just to make sure we have a close finish. I get it. They are in the business of eyeballs. You don't get as many eyeballs when races are won by 10 seconds, and the outcome is not in question. This is in part due to the reliability of the cars these days, the fact that they are all about the same, and factors like that. When I was a kid, in the 80s you could still watch a race, and have a leader blow an engine with a 20 second lead and change everything. Now, it's pretty much only cautions that cause these big changes. When a major Racing Series artificially manipulates the season so well that the whole thing comes down to who gets off pit road first on the last caution of the season....racing as a true competition is gone.

I am a big Nascar fan too. Mainly because of so many drivers in the series I like. I do in fact hate the late race cautions, though. Not sure what can be done about that.

This is how Wm Bryon has won most of his races and how Larson has lost them for example. I do not like that, but it is what it is as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by jasjenh View Post
    If you want a real national champion why doesnt woo and lucas crown their regional champions and then have a 7 race playoff with the top 10 in each series points. That would be a REAL national champion.

Now there is an interesting idea. Have some kind of playoff for at National champion between the two series.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Now there is an interesting idea. Have some kind of playoff for at National champion between the two series.
    If both series were tallying points the same way and had the same amount of races per season, it would be an amazing conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    These guys have a stable of $100,000 race cars and half million dollar haulers...... these point funds are laughable in comparison.
    Yes but most teams spend 3-400k for their yearly racing expenses (not counting equipment and toters), so 1 race could fund next years racing!