Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's criminal

Default It's criminal

How RTJ can have a 400 plus points lead, win over half a million on tour and probably won't win the championship due to the DTWC thing at Eldora. If he doesn't cross the line ahead of others, Lucas Oil brass has to present a far inferior car and driver as somehow representing the best of the greatest LM series in the world.

In my eyes, he's already won the Lucas title. The finally at Eldora is just another race. Lucas should be embarrassed going the nascar way.
    What would really be a joke and a total mockery of the sport is if Overton would win. 870 points back and hasn't won a race other than Georgia speedweeks? Lucas is laughable.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 09-24-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    8/13/16

He probably laps the field at eldora just for good measure…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If RTJ doesn’t win, I hope whoever wins the title says, “nope this is bs” put Ricky’s name on the title.

He should go WoO racing next year. No stupid playoff format over there and the schedule still lets him run most of the Lucas biggies.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Winning the regular season is cool, but that doesn’t make you the champion. Not in most sports.

Racing isn’t most sports. NASCAR and Lucas are the exception, not the rule. Playoff formats are a huge part of the decline of NASCAR, and continuing it in Lucas will lead to steep decline in Lucas, too.

Josh Bayko

Racing isn’t most sports. NASCAR and Lucas are the exception, not the rule. Playoff formats are a huge part of the decline of NASCAR, and continuing it in Lucas will lead to steep decline in Lucas, too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some of the current Lucas drivers this year jump ship to the World of Outlaws next year because they didn't agree with the championship format.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

everyone knew what they signed up for. probably why some joined in. argued about this in an old nascar forum. hated it then. hate it now. don't compare jimmie johnson's 7 to petty and earhardt's 7. but don't think race teams don't approach the season differently either. just got to be in the final 4.

being a big Thornton fan i would hate for him to lose the championship under this format. worse yet is the fact the race is at eldora where a couple of racers have proven to have mad skills. but i guess with what they are paying you won't hear complaints voiced out loud despite the grumbling not voiced to the media.

if lucas wanted to add entertainment they should have taken this format to macon for the finale.

JMO
    Last edited by klemmabyna; 09-24-2023 at 05:56 PM.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Nascrap racing is terrible, then they give drivers a chance at winning the championship that have no business being there. One can only hope RTJ doesn't have any misfortunes , if he does ? That will be the biggest misjustice and I hope they all jump ship next year. Whomever is making these choices with lucas needs replaced.

Davenport wins 300k at Eldora.

So, I absolutly missed something early in the season. Why would RTJ not win the chanpionship? Simple terms please. And choices and decisions within lucas come from pretty high up. If you only knew.

If anyone else wins the title other than Ricky, his season will still overshadow it.

Just like last year. There was more talk of Davenport winning 2 mill than there Erb Jr and tmac winning the series titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    So, I absolutly missed something early in the season. Why would RTJ not win the chanpionship? Simple terms please. And choices and decisions within lucas come from pretty high up. If you only knew.
    The championship is decided at the DTWC between the top four.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    At the DTWC, the points are reset among the top 4 in points and whoever finishes best out of the four wins the title.

It's possible, likely even, that he doesn't have the best finish of the four.

I thought a lot of people were defending this trash when it was announced?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Trash, you got it.

Not a fan of it in Nascar nor any other form of racing. Some years someone will simply have a far superior year and win a title early. Some years there will be down to the wire championship chases. I wish they would all scrap this "manufactured drama" and just race.

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    Davenport wins 300k at Eldora.
    oneal. theyll probably make some tweaks to it like bonus points for wins or something eventually but its more exciting than the snoozefest portsmouth was. All the drivers knew the rules and possibilites when they signed on for the tour last winter

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    oneal. theyll probably make some tweaks to it like bonus points for wins or something eventually but its more exciting than the snoozefest portsmouth was. All the drivers knew the rules and possibilites when they signed on for the tour last winter
    You are correct they all knew. But what they didn't know it's how stellar of a season rtj was gonna have. Weather he knew or not it's really gonna suck to have absolutely dominated the series all year and not have a championship to show for it.