Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default James Essex T-shirt

Anyone know of another announcer getting their own shirt? Saw them at Brownstown and had to have one. Has all of his catch phrases on it. Good looking shirt. I talked to James at the track and he said he didn’t know anything about them until they came out. I personally think this is a great tribute to the best in the business.
    Scott Kleindorfer

How many did Dustin Jarrett buy? LOL

Didn’t know anything about it? How is it possible shirt were made with someone’s likeness or name without their permission? Go make some Mike Marler shirts (for example) without his knowledge, show up at the track and start selling them….I’m guessing your phone is going to ring, or a visitor will show up to have a chat with you.

I wouldnt buy one. Story goes way back.

I might have to print up some >ride height < tee's for the DTWC. 😁
    8/13/16

Are you kidding me??
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I was lucky enough to get one. I saw a post on Facebook from James that he was promoting the C. J. Rayburn Memorial race, raising $$$ for lap sponsorships. If you sponsored a lap and donated $50, you got a free t-shirt with all of James' classic sayings. Pretty sure Arizona Shirts made them. Thought it was well worth helping support the race and getting a cool shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Are you kidding me??
    Not sure why there isn't t-shirts out of you?? Or p-jammies?? Why??

He’s a pro,did anyone notice last nights struggle with the track audio and how he worked through it?

That interview with rtj at the end was nothing short of a couple cans at the end of a long piece of string but he still pulled it off….shirt ( and more) well deserved, I’ll own one.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I kind of thought along the same lines but James seemed good with it so all is well. Great announcer and well deserved.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Essex is the GOAT of dlm racing announcers, period.

AMEN on the GOAT. All the work he did the Jackson 100 weekend promoting the C.J. race, raising $$$, publicizing the races, and promoting on social media was endless. I'm sure he didn't get anything extra either. I read a great interview with him on Dirt on Dirt about his plans for reviving the Nothern All Star series. Hope he can pull it off. He said he hadn't had a weekend off since April. He's tireless.

Authentic apparel or not it's a great idea. Lucas should have had the idea first. they can now play catch up.

my usual approach to buying shirts is local racers or events. but i would (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure buy an Essex shirt. or an Ozzie. or an Eshelman. given time maybe a Ruben.

These guys are the face of a franchise these day with live stearming. And (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed if they aren't race fans just like me! Get them out there!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Didn’t know anything about it? How is it possible shirt were made with someone’s likeness or name without their permission? Go make some Mike Marler shirts (for example) without his knowledge, show up at the track and start selling them….I’m guessing your phone is going to ring, or a visitor will show up to have a chat with you.
    It's dirt racing where anybody will try to make a buck off anybody they can.

^ the underground economics of dirt racing...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Essex is the GOAT of dlm racing announcers, period.
    I guess you could say that he is the Billy Moyer of announcers , then ? ?

^You do whatever makes you happy. Meanwhile, it gives the rest of us something to laugh at. Giggle

Essex is awesome. I’d buy the shirt

^Would you have room in your closet to hang it with all your Kyle Larson shirts?

>L!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    ^Would you have room in your closet to hang it with all your Kyle Larson shirts?>L!
    Not to mention the Smokey Madden Collection attire ?