Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    ok I can tell yall what it is....ITS THE RR TIRE TEMP the 49 has had a bad probb all year backing up 76 also,I dont think 20 rt gets faster during race but other cars drop off more ...this happens when your rr tire gets hot did you see davenport keep running harder and harder got loser and into the wall. it could be a thousand diff things but the bottom line is rr tire temp....32 car has this figured out too...I have some very good ideas but dont want to say...
    Ricky ran his best lap of the race on lap 74 on Saturday night. Nearly a full second faster than lap 65.

The #2 tire does fall off bad with heat. The harder ones don't mind it so much.

On Friday night, he was at least a half second a lap faster than anyone behind him, without even being pressured to run his best.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 10-01-2023 at 08:52 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Default Josh mcguire for example

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I don't wonder because I know it happens. Some of the smartest people in dirt late model racing have a real job. Going Lucas racing is too hard and financially unrewarding.
    Josh mcguire is one that comes to mind if some these high dollar guys knew what kind of equipment (let’s just say multiple 10k+ wins came in cars out of a chassis builders scrap pile)they were getting there azz kicked by compared to there own they would’ve had a stroke. He just knew how to get every drop out of it and wasn’t afraid to try anything even if he wasn’t convinced himself that it would work. Sucks that he wasn’t in a position to race for a living until right before his accident

Preseason I had picked Ricky for a breakout year and the Lucas title, but I never expected this. The team has to have hit on something. Good for them. That's what it's all about. You can't take anything away from Ricky though. He still won all those races. It will be a travesty if he doesn't win at Eldora. He earned this title.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    RTJ did things in a shaw modified you wouldnt have believed if you didnt see it yourself. then he ran other chassis and still dominated. Anyone who thinks he isnt super talented simply either never watched him race much or is a hater. jimmy owens doesnt have his resume in mods and didnt race against the level of competition he did either. Overton is good also but he isnt RTJ good. and yes RTJ can still get better and more polished. But i think the RTJ doubters were the same people who said kyle larson wouldnt do well in a late model. you were wrong then and you're wrong now. RTJ is a flat out wheelman. im a T mac fan 1st but ill admit RTJ is probably already better than him.
    if thats the case then hoffman should be dominating this year and thats not the case. hes good but hes also not racing against farmers on the lucas tour

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Preseason I had picked Ricky for a breakout year and the Lucas title, but I never expected this. The team has to have hit on something. Good for them. That's what it's all about. You can't take anything away from Ricky though. He still won all those races. It will be a travesty if he doesn't win at Eldora. He earned this title.
    You are absolutely correct sir, but I don't think anybody's trying to take anything away from Ricky. It's more about how some individuals are claiming he's the greatest thing that ever hit the dirt tracks. That just isn't so. He's good but he ain't that good, his car is.

I think most people on here including myself wish him further success and nothing but the best. He's good people, the sport can only benefit from that.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    if thats the case then hoffman should be dominating this year and thats not the case. hes good but hes also not racing against farmers on the lucas tour
    That modified that Hoffman ran was unique. All car. Not knocking Nick, good pilot, but that car was a huge advantage.
    8/13/16

rtj is that dude. better get used to it.

RTJ and Pierce are that dude this year. I like them both, but we will see who that dude or dudes are next year. There is been a long line of that dudes over the years. Right?

Burroughs is the 🐐

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    rtj is that dude. better get used to it.
    Absolutely, until the rest of them figure out what he's doing...

Bum to goat in the blink of an eye! I remember when RTJ had the genius Taylon Center and he was "just a guy" and not dat dude. Facts change really fast.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

the Dude abides.
    8/13/16

Seems like to me he can keep the car accelerating down the straights, which in turn makes corner speed.

A lot of Cars its hard to make traction down on the big end the car will begin to spin and you stop making speed.

Could be the Engine, cam profile etc.

He's really good at carrying speed thru the corner as well, fun to watch !

Just say no...

I know of a lot of farmers who are really good racers. Farmers develop good mechanical skills that they use to make their cars run really well. The crop farmers have time on their hands during the Winter and spend time on their race cars to make them fast. If a racer can out run the farmers he is a talented racer.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    the Dude abides.
    This statement, at some point will be proven wrong most likely. Grin

HH, and many others are in for a shocker when, and someone will, figure out what RTJ is doing and odds are dirty bobby's daddy has figured it out...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    HH, and many others are in for a shocker when, and someone will, figure out what RTJ is doing and odds are dirty bobby's daddy has figured it out...
    Don't ya think in the case of that meddling young Pierce lad that it could be that he is that good of a WHEELMAN ? ? That boy can drive the wheels on off of anything ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Don't ya think in the case of that meddling young Pierce lad that it could be that he is that good of a WHEELMAN ? ? That boy can drive the wheels on off of anything ! !
    Isn't that to be determined as in the case of rtj? Time will spill them thar beans, ya hear me?<

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    ok I can tell yall what it is....ITS THE RR TIRE TEMP the 49 has had a bad probb all year backing up 76 also,I dont think 20 rt gets faster during race but other cars drop off more ...this happens when your rr tire gets hot did you see davenport keep running harder and harder got loser and into the wall. it could be a thousand diff things but the bottom line is rr tire temp....32 car has this figured out too...I have some very good ideas but dont want to say...
    Very true. Tire Management is key, both setup wise and smoothness with the controls. Mod guys are use to running with less rubber so it makes sense RTJ would have exceptional throttle control and steering inputs. Perhaps a new, "Mr Smooth"?
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

I seen where Bobby Pierce was selling a 480 cubic Inch Engine, and was told he is now running a 522 Cubic Inch.

RTJ may of found some sort of advantage here, these Engines have changed wildly in the last few years.

522 Cubes could produced well over a 1000 hp, but where is the TQ curve etc.

Crazy how things have changed.

Just say no...